"Save Metallica" Petition

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by $pvcxGhxztCasey, Jan 18, 2005.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Sign me up.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

its probably not the best way to start here but here goes :p

If someone stole what you had worked so hard to create would you just let that happen. It took guts to stand up against Napster and Metallica had that. It probably takes a hardcore fan to know what kind of shit these guys have been through.

As for St Anger. I Think its a great record. The production is crap but that doesn't stop it from sounding good. Their are things like the drums which sound like they were played on some trash can and James' voice which is getting on.

Can you please tell me what you have against St Anger so your not just saying it to 'look cool''.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The fact that most of the time, St. Anger is the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over again... and a lot of the time it sounds so crappy it's not even funny.

Not to mention that despite what the music industry wants the public to believe, sales have not been dropping just because of internet piracy. In fact, there are many reports that show that the downloading of music on the internet and the sales of cds rise in tandem with each other.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

The fact that most of the time, St. Anger is the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over again... and a lot of the time it sounds so crappy it's not even funny.

Not to mention that despite what the music industry wants the public to believe, sales have not been dropping just because of internet piracy. In fact, there are many reports that show that the downloading of music on the internet and the sales of cds rise in tandem with each other. [/b][/quote]
    well thats just opinion isn't it ;)

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

The first part of Xero's post might be opinion, but the second is fact.

Oh, here's my opinion. Metallica has sucked balls since the 90s.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

they just changed their style which alot of core fans didn't like. Your music has so keep evolving to keep people interested.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I didn't sign it because I like both the new and old Metallica the same... which isn't very much. No particular reason, I just don't like them that much.

ChooseYourPoison

ChooseYourPoison nymphetamine

BRAVO. But..I'm kind of on the fence with this. I stopped listening to them after St. Anger, just because it wasn't Metallica. It wasn't Metallica because it was such a rushed album that everything sounded like fucking crap. As much love I have for Metallica, you've gotta give someone else the throne.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

can i ask what throne? :p

LD50

LD50 Well-Known Member

He'd be referring to the Kings of Metal throne.

As for me, I never really did like Metallica. I have the Black Album thing, but I got tired of it pretty fast.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

The only Metallica I listen to that is recent is really not. It's Cheap Cologne's Double Black Album, which remixes Metallica's Black Album with Jay-Z's.

Yes, what I think of St. Anger is complete opinion (although true), the part about downloading music is fact. Downloading does help the music industry (because many people would like to have the actual CD along with the MP3s of the album (even if the album hasn't been released yet :p )), and trying to go against that is going to get you flamed.

Although I do have to thank Metallica for helping bring down Napster because it brought other P2P applications into the fray.

But they still started sucking music-wise, so yeah.

I didn't sign the petition. Saving Metallica is like saying you want to, oh, declare a war on terrorism and say you won.