Signing up for Meet & Greets on the European Tour, Questions.

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by CM., Apr 26, 2011.

CM.

CM. ☠ L O V E KEEPS US K I N D

hey guys

well i have a few questions about the european tour and stuff
    i thought i do ask you guys , you all know so much about lp i bet you can answer me and help out!

i live in europe and i been wanting to go to a concert of lp so badly now for months really and i just read, 5 mins ago, somewhere they are coming to europe
    so i went to linkinpark.com
    and i saw this page;
    http://www.linkinpark.com/events/werchter-belgium

im willing to go there to see them live
    but my first question is then; is it a real linkin park concert they are giving there or is it just them on stage for a short while during some sorta festival? Because it says ''Rock Werchter Festival
    '' i rather go to a true linkin park concert where there will be no one else but them than that i have to see and watch other bands too

ok well, if it is a lp concert really, i would love to go to a meet&greet or lpu summit
    im not really into the the lpu stuff yet because i am not a member, i do want to become one though because i wouldnt mind paying 60 bucks a year so i can finally meet lp if i would go to belgium
    the thing is though, now on this page;
    http://www.linkinpark.com/profiles/blogs/sign-up-for-meet-amp-greets-on
    they are mention the letters; RSVP, any idea you guys wa they mean with that?
    Well anyway by reading that i guess every annual LPUX member can go to a meet and greet right ? at least thats wa i get from it
    but when you go back to this page; http://www.linkinpark.com/events/werchter-belgium
    they say; Meet & Greets opportunities only available for active LPU Annual members. You are RSVPing for the wait list only, this does not guarantee access to the Meet & Greet. We will contact those fans selected to attend the Meet & Greet prior to the show date with more information
    what does that mean? that if i become a member now and pay 60 bucks i cant even be a 100% sure that im gonna meet them then? like ill be willing to pay 60 bucks but later on it will seem to be for nothing, because that would be sad lol

although i do get it, its strange if they LET ALL annual members who wanna come to a meet and greet at a certain concert, get in as that would be probly be too much to manage, all those people in 1 room or so

so yeah, i hope you guys can follow me and can answer me.
    so basicly just wanna know if that thing in belgium is a real lp concert and not that im going to a place where also other bands are coming
    and if i wont pay 60 bucks for nothing if i join the lpu so i can go to a meet & greet
    just how that system works really
    its not that it will be really for nothing but i just prefer to join if i can go to a meet&greet
    than if i cant etc

thanks!

(btw sorry if this is posted in wrong section i didnt really know where to put it , thought this might be the right place for it)

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

1) It is a festival which means there will probably be a lot of bands. However, I would expect LP to be the closing act with a standard length setlist.
    2) If you want to meet the band, you must sign up for an annual LPUX pass. Once you do, just hit the Meet and Greet RSVP link on the LP.com Belgium show page.
    3) There's no guarantees that you will get picked for the meet and greet. Like you said, there will be a lot of LPUX members that want the same thing.
    4) If you do get a meet and greet, it will be pretty packed. Don't expect to have any kind of long conversations with the band. They try to get everything signed as quick as possible. Also, going to the meet and greet sacrifices a good spot in the pit.

Hope this helps :)

CM.

thank you, that helps a lot!

though i do have to ask another few things then
    on the lp website it says; Werchter, Belgium

June 30, 2011 from 7pm to 11pm – Rock Werchter Festival

does it mean they will be on stage from 7 till 11pm?
    becuase thats 4 hours and thats pretty long

thats nice but i really dont like the idea of going to this festival, i see its like one of those where you need to stay overnight as its a festival that is like 3 days or something
    i dont know yet, i couldnt find out how long it is on the festival its website

anyway
    if i decide to go to germany instead of belgium, they seem to perform in germany 4 times, wow
    but could you or anyone else tell me if they actually give a real lp concert in germany then?
    http://www.linkinpark.com/events/event/listFeatured?page=1
    i look @ this page myself where it say they go in germany but i just wanna make sure im not thinking the wrong thing
    its really confusing, like how can you figure it out if your new to this, you got to ask others lol, or is it just me

and yeah i figured , those who can go to a lp meet and greet wont have any chance @ all to talk with them in person
    is a meet & greet the same thing as a lp summit?
    i knew they had a summit in london last year right, was that because they were givin a real lp concert?

this is getting a little painful you know
    im not really rich or anything
    the festival ticket from that belgium ticket is expensive!
    and that not even incl the 60 bucks for membership and train ticket
    and money for food
    LOL
    i always told myself i will pay a lot if i have the chance to meet lp but if its gonna be above the 200 euros
    then its going to be insane, thats too much man o.o
    200 euros to meet people you are a fan off... dang it

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

The only good reason not to go is if you actually can't afford it.

But not going because it's a festival is just silly. It would be the greatest day of your life, I promise.

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Well, I'd recommend that you should probably go to a concert outside of Germany if you really are trying to get into a Meet and Greet. By living in Europe, you have a choice in selecting a location for you concert and this will impact your chances in making a meet and greet. If you choose smart and pick a city where fewer LPU members exist, your chances of making a Meet and Greet may go up tremendously. Some cities do not even fill up as much as others. When it comes to whether it's a full concert or not, I am quite sure that they are all full concerts. Linkin Park will always state it when its just a special performance. Being a rock festival, the concert will be really large and it may be outdoors. But about the 4 hour piece....trust me, by the end of a LP concert, the only thing you'll regret is that it is over. Once your in the concert adrenaline kicks over and you'll be perfectly fine standing up 4 hours (though pits are quite a bit more work)

CM.

i see
    well chance to go to a meet and greet aint gonna happen i think
    im probly going to the lp concert in germany, i rather not go to a festival
    to go to germany gonna cost me over a 100 bucks
    so to pay a 60 bucks then for a lpu membership is kinda too much o.o
    although i would be soooooo happy if i get the chance to just see them from close you know
    and just wave and maybe get a wave back from any of them
    Lol.

i even emailed that german arena because i wanted to be sure and their website is fully in german... i cant read german, maybe a tiny bit ¬_¬
    they said its a full lp concert, no festival. im glad

does anyone know if they ever gonna come back to europe again after this? because if they are gonna stop then its not a good idea to
    pay for membership and give it a shot

but if they come to europe again, then i might as well pay membership now and i might be lucky , if not i always can go to a 2nd concert
    for sure when they come back and maybe i am lucky then! :p

^^thanks for the info

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Well, they're definitely going to come back to Europe again.....just that it could be a three year wait until next time.

CM.

ok, so if i do get myself an annual membership now, how long does it take to get it actually? just 1 week or something?
    because if i get it now, do i still have a chance to sign up for the meet&greet for that german concert? or am i already too late?
    i just dont get how that system works on linkinpark.com
    and i assume a lot of you guys already had experiences with this

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

If you sign up now, you get the membership the same day, you don't have to wait any length of time. The old LPU required you to wait to get the free merch that came along with the membership, but seeing as there is no more free merch with the membership, that is no longer the issue.