Studio Pictures Thread

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Hybrid, Jun 7, 2013.

1. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

If this time it's Phoenix' and Mr. Haaaaahn's turn to shine, I will be happy.

2. Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

We all are fucked up because of the LPA :halfkappa:

3. BTorio

BTorio Well-Known Member

Same. I am really hoping for at least one nice bass moment from phoenix. I mean, surely the band can't be content with him playing root notes for 16 years.

4. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This is the band that wrote "Burn It Down". Contentment is basically their speciality

5. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

Sarcasm, here? You must be out of your mind!

:kappa:

6. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

Sure :kappa:

7. Michele

Who the hell is sarcasm :kappa:

8. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I'll never understand the hate for "Burn It Down". I really don't think it's that bad of a song :shrug:. Somewhere I Belong is significantly worse. That in my eyes is their worst song due to it's cheesiness.

9. Michele

For me its a love/hate thing. Sometimes i think the song is catchy af and sometimes i really hate it :lol:

Could be the reason that it was too long on #2 of the german charts and played EVERYWHERE

10. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

I like both

11. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

[EDIT] Posted the update without seeing it was posted as news. Leaving it here anyway because it's suitable for the thread.

[​IMG]

Hey everyone,

We’re hard at work making some new music for you. The six of us have been more than enthusiastic about how this album is shaping up, and I’m happy to share this update!
    As usual during an early stage, we don’t know a ton about where the songs will end up. They change shapes over and over during the writing process, and we usually write dozens of songs, which push each other in and out of contention for a spot on the final album.

One thing that’s making this album unique (so far) is the process. When we started out as a band, we often started our songs focusing almost entirely on the musical “track," with no vocals until the end of the process. The vocals were usually forced into the existing chords and structure of the song, which often times meant that some ideas we loved never "made it," because good words or good melodies never showed up, even though we liked the music. Over time, we’ve started incorporating vocals earlier and earlier in the process, usually in the form of skat “la la la” vocals and gibberish words. Many of those demos have been shared as a part of our LPU albums.

But this time, we decided to go even further, and write more “traditionally." We’re starting with the most fundamental parts of the songs—the words and vocal melodies—and completely fleshing out those ideas before we begin working out the music. That means right now, we’re only focusing on the foundations upon which the songs are built. Some songs are just one piano, keyboard, or guitar, and a vocal. The concept and words of the song are front and center. We’ve even invited some new friends into the studio to bounce ideas off (more to come on that later).

So far, the new approach is paying off. The new stuff is really powerful, and the stories and emotional content is really shining through. We’re going to continue on this path until we feel like we’ve got more than enough material to begin the “sound” phase.

I’ve been posting some live video streams of studio days up on the Facebook page, so keep an eye out for those updates. And we’ll try to write some more updates as things go. This album is going to be insane, and we’re looking forward to taking you on the journey as we make it.

Best,
    Mike
    LP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  12. minuteforce

You'll of course notice Mr. Hahn's complete absence from the photo, which says a thousand words. ;)

13. Iopia

Iopia Well-Known Member

First thing I noticed too. In "making-of"s, they always make such a effort to show him contributing as much as the other guys, but I always wonder, what does he do in the band? We know Mike writes a lot of the beats, and on an album like THP, was he just sitting around for the whole process? His role in the band seems quite unusual, maybe I'm completely wrong and he contributes just as much as Pheonix or Rob, but sometimes I do wonder.

14. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

The answer to that is obvious. He's the one taking the photo.

15. minuteforce

Wrong. The obvious answer is that, contrary to Shinoda's lies, Mr. Hahn has been kicked out of the band. :sleep: /s come on

16. TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I've watched Making of Minutes To Midnight last night, and they showed him just once scratching and just goofing around on piano... Pretty sure he didn't do much on THP either...

17. Captain-EO

Captain-EO Also Prog Nerd Now, Thanks Gibs LPA Super Member

*high five*

The only song I really dislike with a passion by Linkin Park is...Crawling...

18. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Impossible. Without Hahn there is no LP.

19. Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

Hahn does more than scratching. The fact that we don't hear sounds we associate with him doesn't mean he isn't just as active as the other members on a song.

20. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Actually Joe writes most of the lyrics. Especially in instrumental tracks. He also plays the bagpipe on most of the songs.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016