taiwan fans! may day claimed lp disrespect them...

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by [cole], Nov 9, 2003.

[cole]

[cole] Member

if u r from taiwan or asian, u should know about this band : mayday.
    recently they've been invited by taiwain's warner to attend lp's korea concert..... there is some misscommunicate btw the organizer & taiwan's warner, mayday was treated like fans & when in the meet n greet session to present lp some taiwan's local gifts.

mayday claimed lp disrespect them 'cos lp didn't stand up to execpt the gifts. when they wanted to take photo wit lp, the guard booted them out.

mayday's record co. really unhappy. the day after concert, warner has wrote to apology regarding this incident.

i found it quite funny. mayday supposed to be taiwan most popular rock band, has been treated like fans in lp' concert.

but do u think this is the opportunity 4 mayday to "promote" themself, 'cos lp were really friendly wit mayday, this is what i read from hong kong press report: the coolest member joe, normally didn't have any emotion on his face, but when he saw mayday's member, he smile, & they chat for a little while, & joe even have the big grin on his face. disrespect?? i don't think so...

ailuj

ailuj Well-Known Member

I know who are 'Mayday'....
    LP unfriendly...nah...I don't think so...
    LP disrespect 'mayday' when receiving gifts.....it just b'cos of their different cultures (I guess)...

:mike: :chaz: :joe: :brad: :phoenix: :rob:
    they are very friendly...

[cole]

[cole] Member

lp didn't stand up after receiving gifts from mayday, probably 'cos they thought mayday were just fans. :whistle:

ailuj

ailuj Well-Known Member

Just misunderstanding....
    So r u a Mayday fan or a LP fan....??
    Whose side are you at??
    I'm guessing...r u from taiwan....??

:phoenix: :brad: :joe: :rob: :mike: :chaz:
    they are friendly people...

[cole]

[cole] Member

i'm lp fan, no doubt! ermm... i'm from malaysia, but i'm chinese, so i know about mayday. its kinda piss me off 'cos what written on the paper make ppl to believe lp r erogant "superstar" -- chinese society in m'sia not very familiar wit lp, they probably thought lp were just another typical international rock band wit shitty attitude.

but recently, i went to mayday official mb, non of ppl there talk about this incident. i highly doubt this is just a case make up by fans.... but this lead to a question, what the hell is that paper print this "story"???

ailuj

ailuj Well-Known Member

Sorry lah :blush: ...salah teka....saya juga malaysian......chinese too.......but 1 thing for sure I don't read chinese newspapaper....
    Nice to meet ya......
    (w00t) gembiranya saya terjumpa kamu....rasa macam sekeluarga...dapat cari rakyat malaysia di sini.... :D

[cole]

[cole] Member

nice to meet u too!! tak sangka boleh jumpa orang malaysia kat kini!
    saya orang perak, u?

Bryan

Bryan Guest

I like English. :D

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

People give Linkin Park gifts at Meet and Greets all the time, and they don't stand up for any of them. It's very possible that they thought Mayday was just a bunch of fans, and thought nothing of standing up. It's just something that you'll have to disregard, because LP obviously didn't know who Mayday was.

And, please, speak English.

ailuj

ailuj Well-Known Member

Oohh....I like English too..... :D :D :p

Sorry....we'll *speak*/type in English......

Pa-troll

Pa-troll Active Member

what does mean??

[cole]

[cole] Member

it mean: nice to meet u too... didn't expect to meet malaysian right here. i'm from perak(a state in malaysia), and you?

btw, its malaysia national language. but since ppl here doesn't like us to talk in other language, think i might stick to eng. :whistle: