Taxation

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Link04, Mar 9, 2005.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

What are your views on taxes in general? How about specific taxes? Do they really benefit society? Are they an unnecessary crutch for an unnecessary government? Discuss.

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Taxing is necessary. There is no doubt about it. But taxing a person with less money than the average household family/person is unnecessary.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Why is taxation necessary? Wouldn't you think that the people who have become poorer may be the ones paying the most taxes?

Chris Luke

Chris Luke LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I think you misread my opinon. I think taxing is necessary for the middle to upper class person. But lower class is just unnecessary. And I don't think someone will lose a lot of money by paying there taxes. Unless they don't have a job and/or have poor money management skills.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Alright, I see what you mean more clearly now....but why tax at all? Is the basic concept of taxation necessary? I mean, let's give it the benefit of the doubt and say that the poor are the "tax consumers," or the net recipiants of the money payed in taxes, well then over time isn't that just going to reverse the classes so that the rich are poor and the poor are rich?

Jon[athan]

Jon[athan] Sincerly, written from my brothers blood machine.

taxes are just a way for the government to earn money. they then bring that money back and sometimes give it back to us or to charity's and such. the government gives tax money to the poorer people so that they might use it, gey an education, get a job, and help stimulate the economy. unfortunatly most dont have that in mind and just blow the money on drugs, or other such things.

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Over a long period of time, maybe, but I don't think it would have to be that severe--it depends entirly on the precentage of income being taken.

What are your views, Link?

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Yes, I think taxing is necessary.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

I believe in progression through voluntary trade. This means that both parties involved in a full willfull and conscious trade benefit from the outcome. Taxation is a form of coercion, where one party benefits at the expense of another party, who is forced or compelled to donate his/her money. I do not believe that this kind of self sacrifice is necessary, or able to exist in a truely progressive society. Therefore, I don't believe in taxation. Taxation is the one leg that the government stands on, so without taxation, government can't exist. I guess that means I don't believe in government either.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

A lot of people will voluntarily donate to the government. :rolleyes:

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Who? Go around and ask how many people would pay their taxes if they didn't have to, or if they didn't go to jail if they refused to.