Teenage Mother Kills Newborn!

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Evil Angel, Nov 29, 2004.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

I agree with your information.

I have to say that I am not against abortion. I'm only pro-life if the decision comes because there is no other option. Other than that, if some little girl fucked around with her boyfriend and got pregnant and panicked, throwing it out the window, I have no remorse. But then again, we don't have all the facts in this situation -- my example is merely hypothetical.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Yeah, I can definitely see that point of view. But a child IS a very large burder, most definitely life altering, possibly life ruining if gone through with at a young age. All we can do is hope they learn from experience.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

She'll have plenty of time to learn in prison, I'm sure. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Yes, in this specific case. I was talking about abortion though. It's still legal, and people are going to excersize that right.

LPro

LPro Well-Known Member

I agree with odaton. No one should really be pointing fingers at anyone since we don't really know what was going through that girl's mind.
    I'm not going to comment much on the subject due to the fact i don't really know what happened, except what Rohan posted.
    I'm pro abortion, and if it's too late i'm pro-adoption. Because IMO it isn't a human if hasn't been born yet.
    Also, that girl needs more psychiatric help, than being thrown to jail.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

So the day before my sister was born, under your logic, she was not a human, correct? You want to thoroughly explain your comment? I'm sorry if I'm coming off aggressive but I can't let something like that slide without hearing your reasoning. Please, tell me why you feel that way.

Neil

Neil Super Duper Member LPA Super Member

Actually, Neil, that's incorrect. I'm assuming you're talking about Christianity on this one. Most people don't know it, but there is virtually NO evidence in the Bible condemning abortions, or the practicing thereof. In fact, it's more of the "Christian Culture" that incorrectly generalized all abortion as a murderous wrong. If anyone would like to try and prove me wrong, I'd love to hear it. [/b][/quote]
    I was referring to most religions in general, but I was pretty sure that Christianity condemned abortion as a sin. You would know more than me though. :)

iamrighthereandnow

iamrighthereandnow Well-Known Member

i come from what used to be communistic country and even under the regime, abortion was reachable, hong kong is quite a modern city i have few friends living there, if you want something you get it. if you cant be really bothered, you can justify yourself till the end of eternity that it wasnt meant for you and that the society didnt give it to you. if you ask me that is bollocks, blaming is futile, we can reach what we want whatever the circumstances. if you want something enough, if you put effort in, you get it. simple law of this universe, it works.
    if you have a brain and heart i would say fetus is human from beginning of having brain developed cos you have a brain, you think, you think, you feel. human beigns are defined by thinking and feeling and consciousness. i had a child in my womb, she was pretty alive and you could sence what they are doing since they start moving, for moving you need brain action. since the scans, those movemens are coordinated and therefore directed consciouslly.
    yes it happened, and we can all guess as to her reasons, she will be punished either by law or maybe her own consiousness but there always be people who believe that you cant be human till you enter the world and those of us who believe its already much before that. i have no probs with abortion, people should choose for themselves, personally i prefer to take measures not to get to have to take a choice of abortion. coming from the medical family and knowing what goes on, no thank you. maybe people should be introduced to the details, it would make them go for prevention in the first place. sorry its a bit long now, i shall cut it short next time.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

When do fetus' start moving in the womb? If they start moving when the brain develops, then it shouldn't be until the third trimester. As I've said, over 90% of abortions happen before that time.

And your "law of the universe" isn't true in the least. If a child is mildly ********, it doesn't matter how much effort they put in, they still won't have the same advantages as non-******** children. If a homeless, jobless man puts in all the effort he can, he still wouldn't become president of the United States without help. Philadelphia and New York are modern cities where you'd think things are available, but in slums and other parts of these cities it is just the opposite; there is NOTHING available; education, abortion clinics, health care, you name it. Not everything relies on effort, it's also dependant on the cards you're dealt, with some things effort just isn't enough.

Edit: Why is 're-tard-ed' in the filter? I wasn't using it in a degrading manner, I was using it correctly.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

Link04, because most people will use the word incorrectly.

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

Vampire, it isn't that simple. If a slut is being a slut because thats the only way she's going to get food on the table for herself, nevermind anyone else like the baby, then yeah, I think there is some call for pity there. As for being raped, its not that simple getting an abortion or just going out and telling someone. It just doesn't happen in one day, and there are SO MANY FACTORS involved, its impossible to tell whats happening, what her situation was/is at that time. And I think the father was pointed out not so that we could dump all the blame on him, but because we were dumping all the blame on the mother. And thats not exactly fair, either.

Yeah, I agree that killing the baby was wrong. What she did was clearly, painfully, obviously wrong, and I think we can all agree on that. I also agree that abortion isn't the only way out. But then its also wrong to go on and make other cold assumptions about her by painting such a simple picture of her situation, because from what resulted, it had to be anything but that.

adelleda

adelleda Well-Known Member

I don't see why you're debating about it, you don't know the circumtances under which the girl got pregrant, so everything is speculation. Is there a link with more info about it?

Vampire

Vampire Banned

I was going along with other people painting a picture as well. Sorry, I got all caught up.

Regardless, I will never have sympathy for a hooker, I'm sorry. The only point I wanted to make is that she should have been more responsible. 'Tis all.

Madi

Madi Well-Known Member

Thy shall not murder. One of the ten commandments if you didn't know. I'm not saying that my opion on abortion is that it's wrong or unexceptable but that there is evidence in the Bible to support some Christians that beliefs and opions on abortion.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Really? Why is it murder? I've already defined murder earlier in this thread as the killing of a human person at the hands of another human person, and I've also established that a fetus up to 6 months is not a human person.

And I'd love for you to prove me with concrete evidence from the Bible that abortion is condemned.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Your one sad person, you know that?

Do you think that she CHOSE to be a prostitute (if she was?)? What if she needed that money to support herself and possibily other family members?

Your ignorance sickens me...

Jila

Jila Super Member LPA Super Member

who ever said this girl was a hooker or a slut? its ridiculous how youre so quick to judge someone with no given information about her life and with a mere paragraph of an event, you automatically assume what was going on in her life.

blurredxnotes

blurredxnotes Well-Known Member

Your one sad person, you know that?

Do you think that she CHOSE to be a prostitute (if she was?)? What if she needed that money to support herself and possibily other family members?

Your ignorance sickens me... [/b][/quote]
    I agree.

Vampire

Vampire Banned

First of all, Madi what makes you think the girl was Christian? And for the record...*whispers*not everyone is Christian so they don't go by those beliefs.

@ Odaton
    Ignorant? Why, because I don't have remorse for someone who fucks for a living to get cash? There's no pity for a hooker. If you feel so bad, go out and give them money right now. Go. They DO choose to be a hooker, genius. Not a very wise choice if you ask me.

@ PyRoMaNiaK
    Don't come in here and start talking shit for reading all posts so you don't look completely clueless. The no sympathy for hookers idea was a generalization. I did NOT say this girl was a hooker. I already said I wasn't intending to make up shit about the girl. Don't start making shit up because you decided to read the last 3 posts and then make your contribution.

goso88

goso88 Well-Known Member

Hmm...some hookers have to choose between that or straving. The fact is, its not exactly a choice. If a hooker has an option to get a job but instead chooses to be a hooker, then I'd call that a choice. But sometimes people can't find jobs and they need to support themselves. Supporting yourself, family, food, clothes, a shelter...all that is a necessity, not a choice. And I would feel sorry for people who have to sell their bodies to support themselves, not just because they're a hooker, but also because of why they have to be a hooker. Somehow I don't think I would be saying to them, "Oh, don't expect any pity from me. Its your fault after all. I mean, you could have chosen to give up food instead..." I just dont see that happening.

In fact, I'd even feel sorry for a hooker who actually does have a choice just because of the fact that the person is messing up her life so willingly and stupidly and the fact that she's experienced that in her life.