The Catalyst Out Now!

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedro18

Pedro18 Well-Known Member

He liked it so much he even cried? and because he didn't want anyone to see him, he went to the bathroom ti cry alone? I'm not seing any other use for tissues, a bathroom, and "a Derek", or am i? :rolleyes:

P.S: I was just kidding, i hope that was clear in the post :lol:

2. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I actually didn't hear it yet. I'm just saying based on clips, I'm very pleased. I'll hear it/review it in about an hour and a half :).

3. thor

thor Well-Known Member

im just hoping that their other songs have longer and more lyrics. i love this the catalyst, its just that its like the same lyrics throughout the entire song. but i still love it!!!!! A THOUSAND SUNS!!!!!!

4. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Derek is working which sucks for him, so I'll give my opinion in his place. I really enjoy it as a first single. It will get people talking, it's catchy and has a really energetic sound with an epic finish. I'm way more excited about this track than I ever was about WID.

5. maclieberman

maclieberman Just caught in the undertow..

.....why all the hate? =( seriously, Linkin Park works very hard for us and what do they get in return? pure hatred and trolling out the ass from some of u and others not in here.... =( enough hating and appreciate Linkin Park's hard work to give the fans what they want. Long live Linkin Park...people say RIP (1998-2003) or RIP (1998-2007) but u know what i say? Linkin Park NEVER dies (1998-present)....screw u haters, Linkin Park is forever!

6. heavenscalamity

heavenscalamity Well-Known Member

I'm sure they will, the lyrical repetition in this is intentional for meaning.

7. misery

misery Well-Known Member

The only gripe I have with the song is the repetitive lyrics, other than that I really like it. I really like when the synth starts after the first chorus and it just keeps getting better from there.

I do hope to hear some heavier songs on the record though.

8. Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I really like the song, but I admit, it was only after hearing it in its entirety did my opinion change for the better. Personally I see this as more of an "anthem" type of song, and I imagine much like Bleed It Out, this is going to be a song that really involves the audience when played live. The structure also feels more like a composition than a traditional song. The repetitive nature of the lyrics don't bother me too much when I view it from that perspective. I like that the song really doesn't represent anything we've heard from the band before, at least as far as singles go. The synth solos and lessened emphasis on guitar really helps the track stand out in a new light, and really gets me excited to see what else A Thousand Suns has to offer. :D

9. the enigma

the enigma The Routine Scar

For lack of a better way to say this...WOO HOO!

10. sukoru

sukoru I'm with the Ninjas

ok so we finally heard "The Catalyst".
    my first thought after listening to this track was that if i didnt knew the band at all and i heard this track on the radio i would be really amazed.(as i did when i heard OSC back in 2001)
    this is probably the most fresh sound we heard since Hybrid Theory.
    so i guess if their aim was to recreate again this genrebusting sound they obviously did it.i wasnt expecting that but they did it.
    i always believed that their skills in fusing different types of music are amazing and that they have much more talent than they showed with Meteora and MTM and after listening to The Catalyst i can proudly say that what i believed for this band is right.
    i am very happy they chose this direction,so they can show their true talent and obviously go well in the charts (the song is very catchy yet NOT poppy).
    finally i would like to add that maybe we re about to witness the best album LP ever made.i never believed they could surpass HT but after listening to this song im expecting ALOT from this band.
    my faith is restored,LP are here to stay.

11. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I'm sorry but this track blows What I've Done out of the water. What I've Done has got to be one of the worst showcases of LP's talent to date with it's simplicity and basic structure. On the other hand, the instrumental work in The Catalyst is phenominal.

12. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

How dare you speak on behalf of me! :lazars:

Just kidding, I'm sure I'll feel the same way as you posted there!

13. nscoope

nscoope Well-Known Member

People are gonna go nuts when they play this live. They'll stop moshing and start DANCING! Haha. Can't wait to see this live.

14. Shayan86

Shayan86 Well-Known Member

Nice to see many people are liking it after hearing the full version :)

15. thegame87

thegame87 Well-Known Member

Love it. I was nervous when I heard the very first snippet but now all I can think of is the other songs coming out and hoping there as long and epic as this!
    W00t w00t new Linkin Park music people! Linkin Park our Savior!

16. Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I'm super-psyched to hear this live in November now. Hearing the crowd sing along to this will be an amazing spectacle.

17. DisturbedOne98

DisturbedOne98 Well-Known Member

Thank god scratching is back on this album. It's nice to hear it in their first single especially! The drumming near the end is really well done. Good job for showcasing some great drumming LP!

Overall, this song is fantastic in it's entirety. I'm so excited to see it live. Even though there isn't a ton of lyrics, I love what they have. They have a really cool and ethereal feel to them.

This song definitely has that LP polish to it because if you were to break down the instrumentation, you can hear how good it is; very memorable. A band like LP has to be very impressionable, and they go far beyond that.

18. djbeto86

djbeto86 New Member

damn this sounds way different but its pretty good

19. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Derek needs to get a job where you can work and surf the internet at the same time. Like me! :lol:

20. spxxiv

spxxiv Banned

I think its amazing...love the build up to the breakdown..., i cant wait to hear the CD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.