The Download Card?

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by 3Blin1k1, Aug 23, 2007.

3Blin1k1

3Blin1k1 Member

Hey guys. Quick question. I apologize if this has been asked before, but I did not see any topics about this in any section. I've heard about the download card that you buy at the shows, and it seems a little confusing. Where is it sold? At the merchandise stand? Also, do you pick them up before the concert begins or after it ends? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

No that's okay to ask, it is kind of confusing. So you arrive at the venue and there will be several merch booths selling t-shirts, a special tour edition of the LPU 6 package, Revolution Unseen (the PR art 50-page art book containing work from several musicians on the tour including Chester, Mike, Joe Hahn, Gerard Way of My Chemical Romance, and several others), and finally, the "download certificate", as I like to call it. I believe you fill in information on a piece of paper and you receive a CD case (with a Projekt Revolution cover!), a blank CD-R inside, and a code on the back. You can purchase this ANY time during your stay at the venue, when you arrive all the way to walking out the door, you can stop by and pick it up any time (by the way it costs $11). I would suggest trying to get it early on as there are (I think) only 1,000 being sold at each show.

Anyways, after the show, walking home with your blank CD and your code (several numbers), log on to http://live.linkinpark.com/. This is the page where you will input your information you put on the piece of paper. However, as you'll read in the little overview on that page, you must allow 5 (used to be 3) days for the sound mixer guy to mix the show and upload it. So that means it will take 5 days at most for your show to be up there (it probably will take 4 or 5, most shows have taken along that time). So like 4 days after the concert redeem your info and code and it should provide you with a download link for a .zip file containing your tracks.

Also, for whatever reason that this does not work (people have problems, I dunno why), the recordings are on torrent sites like Demonoid.com. For those you will need a .torrent manager like µTorrent or Azureus (I recommend µTorrent). They'll be under something like "Projekt Revolution [city name] SBD Audio". Just search for the name of the city in which the show took place and it should pop up.

ahh, people just love my lengthy explanations :)

3Blin1k1

3Blin1k1 Member

Thanks a lot, makes sense now.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

It's awesome Idea, I'd like to think they'll still do this after ProjRev. I'd love to get a CD of the next UK gig I'm definatly going too.

mcpancakes

mcpancakes Well-Known Member

yeah this kind of implies to me:

that they'll be continuing for other LP concerts. that'll be awesome if they do it for every concert.

3Blin1k1

3Blin1k1 Member

Also, another quick question. The concert's tomorrow, so do I have to submit my tickets at the entrance before the Revolution Stage starts, or before the main event? Sorry, never been to a concert w/ multiple stages before. Thanks.