The Hundreds Article: IN THE MIX Brings Insight into LIVING THINGS' Post-Production

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

nope The Dark Side of the Moon is one of my favorite rock albums ever. Better than ATS imo.

Led Zeppelin is a rock band legend, and the beautifully artistic sounding Stairway to Heaven proves this

2. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I do.

Well, maybe not hate...

3. Lol well, I never ever said "Bands with guitars will soon dissapear", did I? I only said that there's way more intersting stuff with Electronic music recently. There's also way more experimentation that could be achieved with Electronic too, since it's a fairly new genre. And yes, I know that it existed way in the 20's, but it never really developed into something "golden" yet.

ALSO, Linkin Park's synth sounds are starting to become their signature. You know,that raw, dirty but organic sound? They could really develop it into something purely awesome. They could make something fresh and creative.

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

For the record, there are things about the old sound I miss. (Le gasp)

Example: Xero style raps. Yes the lyrics back then were crude, but if Mike could spit that quick on a track and have strong rhymes behind it? Holy shit.

5. This. Me too. It's probably the only thing I miss from the old days.

6. Sonic

The scratching in With You and the background noises in Forgotten (Joe's work...OOH-HA!). I know what you mean.

7. Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

The individual who wrote this article should seek therapy.

"By the third song, you are jarringly pulled into uncharted territory."

"uncharted territory."

Track 3. "Burn It Down"

I reiterate, Burn It Down is throwaway, Black Eyed Peas bullshit, it's designed that way from the ground up so LP get their name back in the charts, using every rule in the book to achieving a song which appeals to a mainstream audience.

Mainstream music (according to Promofrog): Music with a target audience of 8-14 year old schoolgirls, mentally challenged people, your mother, and obsessed fans of the music group involved. Most of these individuals buy their music primarily via iTunes downloads and have not heard of services such as:

Torrent programs (they cannot install these programs as their mental capacity struggles profusely, these individuals also own macs. Mac: An overpriced computer designed primarily for the said target audience and their difficulty operating technology.)
    Youtube (These individuals also struggle with typing, "Linkin Park Burn It Down" is a lot of letters for the said targets.)

Well said mate, anyone who puts down another member because of their music taste is fucking ignorant, let me put that out there.

Call me when you grow out of your 8 year old age mentality of music, bye bye then.

To those pointlessly discussing dubstep here:

What makes dubstep, dubstep?

Linkin Park are influenced by ALL genres of music, that's what makes them what they are.. Hybrid Theory? Remember?
    Burn It Down's percussion contains a snare which sounds very similar to what nearly every dubstep song uses, that's the dubstep element to the song.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  8. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Straight-out rock bands mostly bore the shit out of me. I listen to bands like The National and Phoenix at this point, plus a lot of Deftones, and those are the acts in my media library that, I'd say, make the least use of electronics in their music overall. Regardless, whether it's keyboards or something else, they still bring something else to the table that rounds their music out nicely and makes them unique. In other acts, that kind of quality helps to provide diversity between albums and between individual songs, which is one of the most important aspects of what Linkin Park is and what makes them special. :)

9. It's honestly a lot flatter than most dubstep songs. A single snare sound does NOT make a song dubstep. Trust me. And I don't even really enjoy BID.

10. Sonic

YOU ARE LATE TO THE PARTY. (Meaning, me and Bliss took care of it ourselves.).

Unless it took you that long to type all that out, then I question your 8-year-old (no age here, it's just bad wording) mentality of posting decent (or, stupid, whichever you prefer) shit.

Thanks for backing up the following post:

11. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

Earlier today my gf's boss, who loves the new single, said she can't believe it's LP.

This not only coming from someone who didn't like ATS, but loves HT-MTM.

So no for the writer to say this isn't far of.

They've never done a song like this before.

12. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I know you didn't say that, but the way your other post was written, it sounded like "Electro music is the trendy thing to do know. Metal and Rock is has been. LP should not go rock/metal, they should do electro". Which sounded like something a promoter would say to a debuting band, like that promoter did with The beatles, saying them the guitars weren't the "trendy" thing back then. Personnaly, I'm sure LP could still experiment a ton with guitars.

Altough, I agree with you on the fact that electronic music has to be explored and experimented more than it is. I'd love to see LP mixing those synths with elements from straight rock and even metal. Even heavy guitars could be used in a experimental way. Look at the record "Mezzanine" by Massive Attack. This record was full of experimentation with electronic elements and weird textures, but 1 or 2 track included parts with Heavy guitars. And it worked incredibly well IMO.

13. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

Well, isn't there a "don't bash musical tastes" rule? To say that people who listen to Meteora don't tend to have a good taste in music seems out of line with that.

14. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

....but they don't, or they at least don't know any better.

15. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

That is just elitist nonsense.

16. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

No, just common sense and I don't claim to know everything.

17. esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

It amazing me someone can think the quality of other people's taste in art is just "common sense".

18. Sonic

It's hard not to rib on these "Meteora Guys" because they either set themselves up for it, or their argument as to why Meteora is the best LP album to date ends up looking like a comment from YouTube, a bunch of jibberish nonsense with no backbone.

19. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

I like Meteora better than ATS. Surprise. Don't know why people on this forum like you would have a problem with that. If you like ATS better than that is your right. Please don't bash people for liking something different than you.

20. Sonic

So what's your point? If you can sensibly state why (I'm really not asking you to do so) and not get all bent like most guys do, then more power to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.