The Official Mars Volta Thread

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Branden, May 1, 2006.

1. Branden

Branden hey! LPA Super Member

It came from a German magazine called Visions. A handful of Comatorium members have confirmed owning the magazine. The interview was printed in German though, so what I posted is a translation, so it might not be so harsh actually. But I think Cedric definitely seems pissed, and to me at least, the stories do seem true. Jon seemed like the kind of guy who'd be into partying and that kind of stuff, whereas it seems Omar & Cedric simply aren't. Granted, I'm not sure if that's reason to kick them out of the band, but I think there were some things that Jon disliked too. I think Jon was probably getting tired of their music. There was an interview with him in Drummer's World or something that I read and he said something along the lines of "we made some decent records" (which to me, Frances & Deloused are probably two of the most amazing albums I've ever heard, and Amputechture is astonishing as well, so that sort of bothered me...) and that him leaving was the best thing for both sides. So whatever. I guess it's all over now.

2. Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

OK I saw that now on the Comatorium too.

And like you said, WHATEVER.

Stupid douchebags on the comatorium are fighting some are like OH JON IS A LAZY ASS LOL and others are like JON WAS TIRED FROM PLAYING THE SHOWS

Whatev.