The Studio Report Topic

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Bn/Thg:930, Jul 26, 2002.

Bryan

Bryan Guest

*cough* A little off topic aint we? :chemist:

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Mark brought it up, blame him. :lol:

.: Akuma-sama :joe:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

lol, i posted the report, then made a comment with creed and everybody commented on it, hehe.

ok people, back to discussing the studio reports! share your hate for creed in the chat. :p

Magick

Magick Ambient

This is a post Mike made on the LPMB:

real album info vs. rumors
    as we approach the release of our next album (in march 2003), you will see lots of rumors going around about it. remember to keep an eye on the news page and the studio reports here on linkinpark.com to find out the most accurate details. be careful what you believe out there...there are always a lot of false rumors going around. feel free to post any common rumors or questions under this thread. we'll answer some of them. check my latest studio report for answers to some common questions.

the band ONLY posts on linkinpark.com. we do not do chats elsewhere, and we do not email or IM anyone. and keep your eyes here for the most up-to-date, accurate LP info.

=====

And here is the studio report:

10.29.2002 : photo shoot / common questions

we just did some photos for the next album...i bet you'll be seeing some of them in a couple of places soon...we shot in a haunted hotel in koreatown. it was scary.

i'm starting to get questions about the new album. here are a couple of answers to common questions:

1. the next album is scheduled for release in march 2003
    2. we are working with (producer) don gilmore and (mixer) andy wallace again. it's going great. we are writing tons and tons of material, in an attempt to only put the very best on the album.
    3. we are in the studio about 10-12 hours a day, six days a week. not everyone is here at once. people come and go. for the past month, since we've been concentrating on vocals, chester and i have been here every day.
    4. we are not planning to have any guests on the album at this point.
    5. the new album sounds more like hybrid theory than reanimation. i think the samples are cooler, and the guitars are nice and heavy. and some of the stuff rob is playing is very exciting too.
    6. we started with a lot of songs and are on our way to narrowing down to twelve. all of the tracks that we don't finish are basically trashed. they stay in their unfinished state until they get deleted and replaced by better music on my computer.
    7. NONE of the band members post or chat elsewhere, on other sites. we are not I.M.ing, or emailing people. the only correct LP info is here and on LPunderground.com.

for answers to more questions, see phoenix's post in the "linkin park" scetion of the message boards. back to work--bye

POSTED BY MIKE

Last edited by Magick at Oct 30 2002, 07:39 AM

damn march. first December then january then february then march. its gonna be june by the end of the year. And he better give me those unfinished songs and not throw them in the trash.

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

lol...do I sense another EP surfacing??? I mean they could take the ones that they don't put on the CD and do the EP thang again... o_O only time will tel

Mark

i hope they release anything that never made it's way onto HT/Reanimation/New Album. also, some previously unheard demos or a preview of the next album would kick ass.

i want another lp shirt, but no paper items because they get really ripped up in mail trucks/mail boxes.

It would be cool if they did more detailed studio reports like "today we did the 1st half of the song called "smelly feet" or something like that. Then say like one verse from the song, but thats just me.

Mark

that would completely ruin it if they released lyrics, i wouldn't mind a song listing though.

lpmusic

lpmusic Guest

yea it has been a while

lpmusic

lpmusic Guest

they dont happen very often now

Mark

FOR GOD'S SAKE! UPDATE THE STUDIO SECTION GUYS!!!!

linkinfan42

linkinfan42 Guest

finally an update with the studio report

12.08.2002 : mixing

the recording process is just about finished, so we're gearing up for the next part of the album-making process: mixing. we're getting together with andy wallace again, who mixed hybrid theory. anyway, we also cut the number of songs down to thirteen, and we'll be cutting one more, i think. and everything sounds just right -- so far so good.

03.LP.03

POSTED BY MIKE

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

NO! DON'T CUT THE NUMBER DOWN TO 12! I LIKE 13! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHH!

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>
    sorry about that. i'm a little... happy... right now... :D
    </span>

Mark

you know, i noticed that just then by going to lp.com. and i was getting ready to post the new studio report topic when linkinfan42 posted it 10 mins before, lol.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

yeah..... i like more then 13!! i want billions of songs! :p

yay! i wish it was march next year already :D

Mark

excellent, they don't post for a month then making 2 within a week :

12.15.2002 : half-way point

we've been here in new york for over a week, and we'll be here for another week mixing. here's a little more info about what's going on: we had to finish up some recording during the first week of mixing, which is unusual.

the story is...
    chester got sick during the last week in LA (recording), and we had to bring him to new york, to a studio we've never recorded at. it was a little unsettling, but luckily it all worked out. i wrote some stuff while he was sick, and when he got better, it was all ready to go. he liked what it sounded like, and hooked us up with great performances. a few days later, he was finished, and flew back to LA. which leaves brad and i here with andy wallace mixing.

some people who visit this site have no idea what mixing is. i'll try and describe it: when we record, we create anywhere from 25 to upwards of 50 tracks of music. one track may be from a microphone on rob's kick drum, one is on the snare, 4 and more are on guitars, a couple for bass, dozens for samples and vocals, for example. all of these tracks need to balanced and separated, adding certain effects (like reverb and delay) to make the song sound right. that's what mixing is. and that's what andy wallace helps us with. he has mixed a lot of great albums, from nirvana's "nevermind" to mudvayne's "LD50" and taproot's "welcome". we are very happy to be working with him again.

everything's great, and we'll keep you up to date with all the newest info here in the studio reports section.

POSTED BY M1K3

Bryan

Bryan Guest

Hmm..last studio report he finished off with a new album thing(03.LP.03), now he finished off with a Reanimation thing(M1k3)

Oh well, I hope Chester's voice wasnt affected by his sickness, but it proabably wasnt if he recorded vocals.

Mark

Hmm..last studio report he finished off with a new album thing(03.LP.03), now he finished off with a Reanimation thing(M1k3)

Oh well, I hope Chester's voice wasnt affected by his sickness, but it proabably wasnt if he recorded vocals.[/b][/quote]
    i don't think they'd record vocals if chester was sick. mike said they were "a band of perfectionists" so i don't think they would accept hurt vocals.

Mark

not bad, 3 reports in 2 weeks!

12.20.2002 : besides the music

every post here has been about writing and recording. let's take a detour for a second.

putting out an album involves a lot more than just recording the music. from packaging art to advertisements to tour set-up to the video, we are immersed in non-musical preparation for about two to four months before a release. in other words, we have a lot of fun stuff coming up that you'll be interested to know about.

Bill Berg-Hillinger, who put together our DVD, has been filming us for the past few months. he's got footage of us writing, mixing, and hanging out. from this footage, we're putting together a series of shorts called LPTV. you'll hear about it in the news section on this website when it's ready to come out. in each segment, you'll get to see us making the songs, from writing to recording them. the footage is amazing. on a couple of takes, he just happened to be filming during the second that we came up with a guitar or vocal idea. anyway, for anyone who wants to see inside our creative process at work, it's a great thing to look for. keep an eye on the news page for more details on LPTV.

in the meantime, i'll be working on the album art and ads, joe will be working on the video, and all of us will be practicing the songs in preparation for our upcoming tours. we'll be working hard to get things ready for you.

oh yeah--we decided on an album title.

POSTED BY MIKE.03.LP.03