The War On Iraq

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Chris Luke, Sep 18, 2004.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Nope, I am Canadian, but I know my history enough to know what happened....some try to sugarcoat it but thats essentially what happened. Its a shame those cultures didn't endure, they could teach us a lesson or two ;)

@ Mark: GO Canada :lol:

htep.fan

htep.fan Well-Known Member

For one thing, I'm Canadian. And secondly, it doens't matter how you feel about it, it's how you're snubbing people and rubbing them the wrong way. [/b][/quote]
    I'm sorry, then, I have become a really disturbed and annoying person because of my horrible life.

htep.fan

OK I translated the more important part, and to tell you that I'm not lying, I put a link to the original, though is completely in Spanish:

ENGLISH
    \

http://www.miami.coSPANISH (and complete)m/mld/elnuevo/2004/08/06/news/local/9331846.htm

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

I agree with that completely, especially the part about Iraq. Yes, we made a mistake going in, but leaving now won't undo anything. If we leave the Iraqis fight amongest themselves, probably leading to just as many deaths as if we stay (if not more) and eventually another ruthless dictator takes over.

No matter what it's not going to be a perfect situation, things are already ####ed weather we stay or leave, but I think staying is the lesser of two evils.

As for having the UN step in, or at least take charge, that would probably be better for the Iraqis but I seriously cannot see that happening.

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

I agree with that completely, especially the part about Iraq. Yes, we made a mistake going in, but leaving now won't undo anything. If we leave the Iraqis fight amongest themselves, probably leading to just as many deaths as if we stay (if not more) and eventually another ruthless dictator takes over.

No matter what it's not going to be a perfect situation, things are already ####ed weather we stay or leave, but I think staying is the lesser of two evils.

As for having the UN step in, or at least take charge, that would probably be better for the Iraqis but I seriously cannot see that happening. [/b][/quote]
    Well, I say your chances of getting UN help would increase if Kerry was the new president. The whole UN is pissed off at Bush because hew ent against them, I think if Kerry apologized on behalf of Americans and asked for help, he would receive it.

Mark

Nothing in that quote you posted has anything to do with him being racist. Kennedy was assassinated by either Lee Harevy Oswald or the CIA, Watergate was commited by Nixon, Iran was Bush Sr giving weapons to Iraq to kill Iranians. The only thing I can see there that has truth is the drug part. Hispanics and Cubans are stereotypically drug traffickers and consumers. That doesn't mean all Hispanics are, but Moore was saying the truth.

htep.fan

Then why did he blamed and/or associated exiliated Cubans about that stuff (because he wrote that, maybe you couldn't understand my translation)??????????????

WTF!!!!!

I said he wrote that the exiliates from Castro's brutal regime (that are so freaking poor that they emigrate in rafts made of wood, even with hurricanes and storms) were the ones that had made America drug-addicted, most of them don't even have money and time for a passport (that's why so many illegals), how could they be drug lords?????????...and I guess Michael Moore knows better than to follow stereotypes...

Besides, black people are also stereotyped as druggies and druglords......why didn't he wrote about them?......

Land of freedom........of my drugged as#####...........

Today After Tomorrow

Today After Tomorrow Well-Known Member

I don't think you have to be totally rich just because you're bringing drugs into the country. They're poor, they get drugs where they live for cheap, smuggle them into the US, sell them for big bucks $$.

htep.fan

Then I must be high or something....

Mark

Those things are common fact, Michael Moore seems smarter than to blame everything on "exiliates". "Exiliates" isn't even a word in the English dictionary, maybe you meant "Exiles" or "Immigrants". Unless he said that, which I highly doubt; he was either misquoted, taken too seriously (he jokes in his books, you know), or had everything blown out of proportion on him.

Enough of your America bashing. One last chance.

htep.fan

Exiles.....that's what I meant to say. I knew that you couldn't understand what I wrote, that's what I meant to say......and yes, he wrote that, and people in Miami are still really pissed off about it.......

Besides, I'm not bashing America, I'm telling the truth about Moore.

Mark

Then how do you explain the "land of freedom" remark?

htep.fan

That stereotype really pissed me off, I lost it for a moment, I apologize, sorry.

Link04

Link04 Ambient

Not to be insensitive, but everyone is stereotyped, I highly recommend you get used to it.

htep.fan

I am. I just couldn't hold it anymore. I have thousands of problems outside and inside me, so I have to have some strength to at least look normal. But many times it is not enough.

heartfullofgold

heartfullofgold Well-Known Member

my opinion on the war is probably similar to the rest of the posts. I hate it! War in my mind is evil and wrong. People die and are injured and it ruins countrys' economies. War in general is just no good. I am comparing the war in Iraq to all war. It's a mistake and always will be. :angry:

Mark

my opinion on the war is probably similar to the rest of the posts. I hate it! War in my mind is evil and wrong. People die and are injured and it ruins countrys' economies. War in general is just no good. I am comparing the war in Iraq to all war. It's a mistake and always will be. :angry: [/b][/quote]
    There was no flaming. Just peaceful debating. And by peaceful I mean, rule-abiding.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

I would ahve to admit that at the beginning i was all for the war. But now I really don't support the americans and wish it would just come to an end, but obviously that isn't any easy thing to do. My only question in this whole issue is, when the UN was doing inspections for weapons of mass destruction, why did the irai's not allow the UN to go into certain areas at times then later on allow them to go and search. If you ask me this is a classic example of the Iraqi's trying to pull some kind of BS.

Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

Regardless of what the UN did or didn't find, the point's moot. We should have never gone to war regardless. We launched a first strike initiative against a third world nation because we were afraid of them. There is nothing more cowardly than that. What if we had used similar policies in the Cuban Missile Crisis? Likely many of the world powers wouldn't exist today, or would be a shadow of their current power. War should never be taken so lightly, its a last resort. Many americans have become so terrified that they think we were justified in killing civilians and other Iraqis because of our fear, and that's bullshit. This first strike policy will ruin us, and should we continue it I can only hope we don't take out too many other countries along the way. I fear for those who support it, which is one of my main gripes with Kerry.

Boo

Boo Guest

good in some ways, bad in others