The Worst Opening Band You've Seen Live

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Mark, Jan 21, 2011.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

The Mars Volta. I thought they were absolutely horrendous when they opened for Red Hot Chili Peppers a few years ago.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I was TOTALLY going to say BORIS on the 2008 Lights in the Sky Tour. They had a weird mix of drone, sludge and stoner rock. I couldn't tell where songs began and ended. They were japanese which didn't help the vibe. I love japanese music but it doesn't lend itself to very slow, growly, guttural music. It was safe to say I was that much happier when Trent appeared. Why, Trent? Why??

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I haven't exactly been to many concerts, but POD at Meteora World Tour was the most boring thing I've ever sat through.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

Men, Women And Children. [/end input]

Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

I actually like 4 or 5 of the bands mentioned so far, haha.

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I love The Mars Volta, but their live shows do look way out there.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I don't know who opened for LP at Acer this year but I swear my ears were bleeding by the end of it.

lpmaniac4000

lpmaniac4000 Active Member

I have no idea what the name of these guys are because I've tried to block the entire experience out of my consciousness. This rap group opened on the Anger Management Tour at the Jones Beach Amphitheater in 2002. Offensive to all of the senses of every living creature in attendance. When the X-Ecutioners took the stage after this bands set was over they got the loudest applause I've ever heard from like 200-300ish people. Not many people showed up at first but the crowd showed around halfway through the show.

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Yup. Does It Offend You,Yeah wins this. They are so fucking boring and so repetitive

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

This.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I saw Trapt open for a band once and MY GOD it was just plain fucking awful. I really couldn't stand Flyleaf when I heard them open at some festival I went to a few years ago too.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Actually yeah, Flyleaf were fucking terrible when I saw them open for Stone Sour back in 06/07.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

I have a feeling that Does it offend you yeah might become the worst opening band I've seen but I'll give them a shot, I don't like their music but hell they might be good live who knows. As of now there are actually three opening bands that all take this title, had to listen to all three on the same night, before Story of the Year came on. I don't remember the names of those bands and well I honestly don't care enough to look them up right now they were awful it was the worst experience ever standing at the barricade waiting for three crappy bands in a row to shut up and move out.

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Exactly this.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

I honestly think 'cos people have recently seen DIOYY? they kinda stick in peoples minds. that's why they are getting all of this bad rep. shame really :mellow: a quality British band in my eyes!

travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

I really like DIOYY?

I've only heard about 5 songs, but their music is pretty unique. I think they'll go great with Pendulum and LP.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I love HEALTH, the other opener on that tour, but I would have KILLED to see Boris. They're one of my top five favorite bands. "Pink" is the very definition of a perfect album, to me. The fact that I don't understand that words probably makes it all the more enjoyable, to me anyway.

I don't think I've seen enough live shows to say I've seen a bad opener, but the closest I've came was the 15 undercard acts before the GZA from Wu-Tang FINALLY showed up like, 2 hours late. Not all of them were that bad, but a few definitely were, and plus, I'm not even kidding when I say there was more than four openers. Nuts.

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

A metalcore band called In Element, opening for Dark Tranquillity. They were awful, all of their songs had about 3 or 4 breakdowns for no reason at all, and the worst, they were so confident about their music being AWESOME, they behaved like total douches.

Darcy

Darcy LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Worst:
    Jet opening for Oasis
    Ringside opening for Weezer
    I forget the name of the band who opened for HIM when I saw them but the entire show was fucking horrible.

Best:
    Man Man opening for Modest Mouse
    DeVotchKa opening for Dresden Dolls
    Gillian Welch opening for Bright Eyes

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I think when people are citing bands like The Bravery, Mars Volta, Atreyu, My Chemical Romance, Coheed and Cambria, Avenged Sevenfold, Story of the Year, DIOYY?, Trapt, Flyleaf, Jet, etc. as the worst opening bands they've seen...they've probably had pretty good fortunes as far as opening bands go so far. :lol: Not saying all those bands are particularly good live acts (though I actually do like a few of them), but there are WAY worse ones out there.