Thoughts on Burn It Down?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Promofrog, Apr 16, 2012.

?

What do you think?

1. I love it! I've replayed it a few times!

74 vote(s)
    47.7%
  2. I like it.

34 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. Not bad.

16 vote(s)
    10.3%
  4. Meh. Not as good as What I've Done/The Catalyst.

17 vote(s)
    11.0%
  5. I hate it!

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
  6. 10

19 vote(s)
    12.3%
  7. 9

9 vote(s)
    5.8%
  8. 8

24 vote(s)
    15.5%
  9. 7

16 vote(s)
    10.3%
  10. 6

9 vote(s)
    5.8%
  11. 5

6 vote(s)
    3.9%
  12. 4

3 vote(s)
    1.9%
  13. 3

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  14. 2

2 vote(s)
    1.3%
  15. 1

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RoyHahn

RoyHahn Well-Known Member

Itunes sais: 25 times listend now. (And I heard it like 25 additional times on Linkin Parks Youtube-page). It needed that much to really get into it, but i woke up today having chesters bridge lines in the head. The bridge is the best of this song to my mind. I love it how he sings "And you where there at the turn, caught in the burning glow. And I was there at the turn, waiting to let you know." It's not as striking as The Catalysts "Lift me up, let me go.", but I really love it.

2. soun'wave

soun'wave can't shake the shock

after a few days listening to it i keep coming back to it, its growing alot actually, it doesn't seem less bland now .. just more like an american coldplay song

3. Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

just love it.....mustve played more than 50 times.

4. Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

This song actually seems to be getting better and better the more times I play it. I really get into the beat of the song, and the build-up in the intro is fantastic.

And I've found the song is 100x better cranked the fuck up on either a solid pair of headphones or blasting out of a car stereo. It feeds on that high volume energy.

Overall it's nothing amazing, but you can't expect every single to come out of this band to be the greatest thing since sliced bread. That's not how singles (especially lead singles) work ladies and gentlemen. The Catalyst was the exception to this rule.

5. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

I've listened to it multiple times and unlike The Catalyst, Burn It Down is not growing on me. It's an okay song but I don't get the vibe that I get from singles in the previous albums. I hope the other songs in the album aren't like BID. It gets a 6/10 from me.

6. Same here. Its not rly so appealing to me. Mikes rap make me cringey, which has never occured to me before. No offence mike, but you really have to go back to the xero days of bigger words and ryhmes JUST A BIT. I'm sure there are others who disagree though.

7. Star Scream

Star Scream Does A Machine Like You Ever Experience Fear

it's the only song I've been listening to since it came out. it's so epic and every time you listen to it you hear a wide variations of sounds that make you like the song even more :awesome:

8. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

Right? My playlist in the car at the moment consists of Burn It Down, Razors.Out, and Devil's Den by Skrillex. Fucking off the chain playlist if I do say so myself.

9. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I'm fucking hooked on "Burn It Down". So catchy. Struggling to not overplay it before I get to hear the album. :) I feel the chorus is a little lacking but, on the whole, it's not bad and I'm definitely still excited for the album.

10. Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

I honestly think Mike should quit with the slow rapping now, it was good when it was quick and aggressive on Hybrid Theory, good on Bleed It Out, but he just seems to be trying this Jay-Z shit where you rap really off beat, talk to the music and try to make it cool, When They Come For Me is such a good beat but it's like getting a blowjob while being punched in the face with his rapping over it..
    I honestly think Mike lost it rap-wise since Hybrid Theory, as I said Bleed It Out is the only exception (which he was made to rewrite many times by the rest of the band)
    I love Mike, but the rapping needs to go for me.

It sounds especially wrong on Burn It Down, I mean the Beastie Boys are still kicking his ass now and how old are they? Anybody could do those verses, no creativity in those rap verses at all, we need more rap like Forgotten, With You..

I feel really bad for saying all of this but it's been on my mind for a while.

[video=youtube;2V_MxGLT7TI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V_MxGLT7TI[/video]

Mike basically commited rap suicide when he agreed to this one:

[video=youtube;YYxzRYMrcVc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYxzRYMrcVc[/video]

..and another thing, I don't know how long it took them to edit the video to We Made It but that shit is horrible, they even sync up Busta Rhymes with Mike's vocals on a couple of places.. WTF?!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  11. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, I also am underwhelmed by the phrasing in Shinoda's rap verse, I have to admit. It's really, like, choppy and awkward to me

12. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member

I would agree that the chorus is the one part that could use a little fine tuning. One thing I loved about New Divide was that the chorus was pretty long, and they managed to change it up between Chorus 1 (whole thing) and Chorus 2 (only the first half - into bridge after), and then a little more change in Chorus 3 with just guitars (no drums / bass behind it). They definitely just copy/pasted the same chorus in there a few times except for the end when he hits the high note.

Overall I'm with you though. Fucking love the song. Top 10 for sure.

13. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

It reminds me of Gaga's music. <3

14. lpfanhun

lpfanhun Banned

I like this song so much. Top 10 LP song for me. And I will love more after the music video come out.

15. SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I haven't gotten tired of it, that's for sure. I didn't with Dream Theater's premiere single for ADTOE, so I guess that's a good sign for the impending album.

16. Clever Name

Clever Name Well-Known Member

I agree with Promofrog, about his rap verses..

Shame this is a demo, but yeah, I agree. I miss this style of rapping from Mike.

[video=youtube;B2vug-1bAyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2vug-1bAyo[/video]

17. HybridBharath

HybridBharath Well-Known Member

This is the first song from LP that makes me go "meh". The verses sung by Chester is the best thing about this song. The music has no variation. It stays the same throughout the whole song. And mike's rap is quite boring...He can do better. It's interesting because this is the first LP song i'm critical about, but for Rolling Stones, who have hated everything from LP before this, are praising Burn It Down.

I still have faith in Living Things and do look forward to it.

18. snailharvest

snailharvest nice

My iTunes play count is 1567..
    Nuff' Said.

19. shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

:WTF:

20. snailharvest

snailharvest nice

Would you like a screenshot?