Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Lee, Mar 15, 2013.
My unpopular Linkin park opinion?
Linkin Park sucks balls!
Idk if this is unpopular.
Chester's voice was horrendous in 2008-2010, but it has been steadily improving since 2011.
It kind of varies between songs but, on the whole, I definitely feel that Chester's 2012-2013 performances are better than his 2007 ones.
Completely agree. I think he sounds very mediocre in Road To Revolution, but take something like the iTunes Festival in 2011 and he sounds incredible through and through there.
- Meteora may have some awful lyrics, but the CD in general is far more enjoyable than Hybrid Theory to me. I'm able to look beyond the lyrics whereas Runaway, Crawling, and One Step Closer just leave me cringing any day.
- No Linkin Park album is "perfect", although A Thousand Suns AND Living Things are the closest they've gotten for completely different reasons.
- In the studio No More Sorrow and Given Up are better than every heavy song the band had released prior. Except for maybe A Place for My Head/Faint.
- Chester actually sounded incredible live in 2007.
- Victimized is the heaviest song the band has released.
- Brad needs to get off his ass and play the guitar again.
- Lies Greed Misery was unfairly torn apart before it was even released due to it's "angsty" title. The song is super enjoyable.
- Lost in the Echo has also been unfairly torn apart due to it's "nu-metal structure" rather than being appreciated for revitalizing the band's older music.
More will come if I remember it.
iTunes Festival 2011 sounds amazing. No More Sorrow and Rolling In The Deep... Amazing.
EDIT: And The Catalyst.
Hybrid Theory, while a great album, had bad lyrics at some points and wasn't anything special.
Living Things is their best album
The Little Things Give You Away is their best album closer.
I'll post more later when I remember them (maybe).
Is there a particular recording from 2007 that you think is especially good?
"Why is Linkin Park trying so hard to be just like U2?"
Joe Hahn just grew fatter between MTM and ATOS?!
"GO BACK TO NU METAL"
"THE BAND SHOULD HAVE AN ORGY TOGETHER"
"MAKE MUSIC THE WAY I WANT YOU TO MAKE IT"
That's not saying much.
LT is one of their laziest albums, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying it.
They need to go in a new direction (no, not Nu Metal.) and try to get back to how popular they was before.
LT was promoted really badly.
LITE should have been so much bigger than it was, and the music video sucked.
MTM is one of the best albums.
Reanimation is the best album tied with ATS.
I thought this was the unpopular opinion thread
IKR? No-one agrees with me on this one
If it's any consolation, I thought the video was crap too.
Lol I didn't like it either.
I agree. LP could have advertised it better and made alot more. Plus they haven't advertised the singles that well. I doubt they have sold.
About the video, I wish that if the band would have been in the video minus the "social" crap, it would have been amazing. Something like Burning in the Skies, but a little better.
Well, I was being sarcastic. Your opinion is actually widely held around here as opposed to only being held by some outspoken minority.
No offense if Mark Wakefield had stayed in the band there would be no Linkin Park. Absolutely certain the band would have never gotten signed and no LPA. Makes me wonder what my favorite band would be. Just saying due to Linkin Park experimenting and evolving I became open to other genres. The fact that people think Mark Wakefield is better than CB makes me sick inside.
Anyways Don't Stay,SOTD,SWIB and Figure 09 are underrated these days.
Separate names with a comma.