What can we expect on LP7?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by MattLP, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Broman

Broman Well-Known Member

No.

2. JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

I actually quite like it. If they make an almost-acoustic album, I could very well imagine a song like this to be one of the few more energetic ones. It contains many acoustic instruments and voice-focused parts, but also features one of the few applications of heavy guitars and screaming on the album.
    And if they do an acoustic LP, I'm sure a song like this would be an highlight, not because GUITARZ, just because it stands out so much. And if they do an acoustic LP, there would at least be one song like this, I'm absolutely sure. LP couldn't do an album which only features one side of their coin.

3. KarL_LewiS

KarL_LewiS Musician

I expect them to do something they haven't done alot of before, so my guess is either a REALLY poppy sound (hope not) or more stripped down/acoustic/folk stuff. I'd love them to surprise all of us though and do something TOTALLY unexpected...

...just as long as they tone the rapping down, unless a song NEEDS it. Like Minutes to Midnight style rapping where there's barely any, or Waiting for the End style rapping where its almost a singing/rapping hybrid. Not that I don't like LP's rapping, but its getting tiresome. Shinoda has clearly demonstrated that he has a good baritone vocal range, considering he sang lead on Castle of Glass, Roads Untraveled, Rebellion etc. Not to mention he harmonizes beautifully with Chester.

4. Forfeit to Break

Forfeit to Break Well-Known Member

Don't know if LP will go down this route or not, but I've never heard this before and actually really dig it. Thanks for that.

5. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Thanks for posting this, Matt! I just recently had the chance to play Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and finished it last month. It was an excellent prequel to The New Order, to say the least.
    I can actually imagine LP writing a progressive song like this that builds and really explodes in the climax, so I hope the band does a "dirty" sound for the guitars in at least one song. The acoustics and strings in this song are welcome additions, too.

6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Well-Known Member

I would overall prefer a darker, maybe industrial sound. I can't wait for Mike's rapping as he's always a highlight for me. I have better expectations since he's writing the lyrics first. :p Chester does amazing anyway but I'd like better melodies from him compared to THP.

7. HybridT

HybridT Well-Known Member

I was thinking of an album with 5 or 6 minutes-long songs. With piano or guitar strings intro and slowly the other instruments joins in. Maybe a alternative rock sound with long solos between 1 minute to 1 and a half minutes. I won't enjoy much a Country album.

8. Deliveranze

Idk. I would lover longer songs but an alternative rock album would basically be MTM2. I will agree I never want a country LP album.

9. HybridT

Yeah, but they definetly are going to make an stripped-down album. So alternative rock only comes to mind. I don't have a problem with country music but I can't imagine LP going that way.

10. Deliveranze

Was it confirmed? If so, why? I mean that's kinda expected since at their core, they are alternative rock now. I wouldn't mind a folk album though but, yeah, country seems weird. I don't think I wanna see LP become part of the dreaded country rap subgenre LOL

11. HybridT

Nothing is confirmed. Even the band don't know how is it going to sound the album, but after the heavy sound of The Hunting Party, is logical and safe to say that the follow-up will be more stripped-down.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  12. Deliveranze

Ah, okay. I certainly hope not since I'm not sure how they can pull it off....I wouldn't mind a softer sound but I don't like the idea of "stripped down." I won't fret too much though as the band is very good at adapting but we'll see....

13. HybridT

I don't know how it will sound the album. But I'm 100% sure that is going to be something that we haven't heard before and something very unexpected. Linkin Park always surprises us, so... I will wait. :)

14. Deliveranze

That is true. Hopefully, they might feel ambitious with this project. ☺

15. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I kind of hope the band hold a competition for the album cover we as the fanbase can vote on, like Korn did with Issues. I think we could get some good stuff because I really hope we don't get another black/white album cover. Give me some color.

16. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Real songwriting and real melodies!

17. SerenaJaneAbby

SerenaJaneAbby New Member

It'll definitely be different from THP, since they don't like to repeat themselves. This is just my opinion, but THP was lackluster. I only like 7 out of the 12 songs on the album.

18. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

7/12 is more like "above average".

19. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

With each new album, no matter how it sounds, I love them more and more!!

20. Xero-G

Xero-G Reborn LP Fan, and plan to stay that way.

Even with the interesting bits of news and developments lately, we still have almost no idea what the new album will sound like, or if it even has an arcing theme. This actually excites me, as I will be more surprised when first listening to it. I do think it's almost safe to say that this album will not have just one specific sound but will have the usual LP mixed bag variety.