What Instrument Do You Play?/What Is Your Setup?

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Luke, Mar 25, 2010.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

My recording and actual setup is nothin' special but I use THIS for vocals and THESE for my acoustic guitar through THIS MIXER to my PC via THIS RCA USB INTERFACE

I use SoundForge 9.0 and Adobe Audition 3.0, I have Acid but don't really know how to use it so much. I use FL Studio 8 for strings if I want them or whatever, I'm not fantastic with that yet but I learned basics for it.

I also installed Reason but I have no controller or anything to work it.

And heres my other stuff. (Don't hate, I don't have money to spend like some)

Amp
    (Mine is actually the out of production MG100HDFX, that link is just to show what it looks like basically. Mine has more knobs and shit though.

Guitar (PRS SE Custom) (Put New Pickups in it, sounds much nicer)
    Boss Noise Suppressor Pedal

Ibanez AEG20E Acoustic/Electric Guitar (Okay tone, quiet because of how thin it is. But produces a great sound plugged into a PA system or acoustic amp) So its my "performing guitar"

Washburn D10S Dreadnaught Acoustic (Great tone actually, I play this when i'm not plugged in)

And my dad has a 2007 American Fender Strat and a really nice Taylor (I forget what model but it was like $4000)

Rather Red

Rather Red Well-Known Member

MacBook Pro w/ Logic Studio 9 & Ableton Live
    Ibanez S Series
    Fender Amp
    Line 6 Effects Board
    Huntington Acoustic
    Various Live Mics

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Um ... yeah, I haven't heard many good things about the KP1, and I'm interested in the Kaossilator Pro but I'm getting an EMX first and foremost 'cause I'm in dire need of decent drum samples ... and because the Kaossilator Pro won't be available to me here for a long, long time, even though I'd probably prefer that more.

I'm also interested in the PS60, even though it and the new Kaossilator are, again, both far too new to ever be found in Australia any time soon. Like, I need a new workstation for good acoustic samples; I have a PA50, which I've had for years, but some of the jacks give off some serious unwanted noise ... so I've been looking to replace it with something superior for a long time now. ;x

I use Behringer amp's at uni, I want to start experimenting with guitar amp's so I can get something other than heaps of low end.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
    kendricktamis

kendricktamis New Member

As i am guitarist, I play only Guitar and i am playing only rock music. I tried to play drum last year but couldn't be suite.

UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

Piano only. No setup for this I suppose..