What Video Game Have you Played Recently

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by SecondCityKids, Oct 2, 2008.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

Pure 7/10

Pretty fun ass ATV game for the 360.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Tetris DS - 10/10

timeless..

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

I'm done with Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. 8/10

Right now I'm playing it's follow-up, Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Gears of War 2 - 9/10. Absolutely stunning game. There are a few glitches but that is to be expected. They really continued the story well and the game plays the same as the first but slightly harder. You encounter a lot more enemies this time around and it makes for a challenge sometimes.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I've been glued to my TV for the past few days playing Fallout 3.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I borrowed The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind from a friend but it keeps crashing, so I think I'm going to skip trying to play it for now. :lol:

I'll just go back to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

Daniel

Daniel Run for your life. LPA Super Member

Fable II - 8/10

Pretty good. And it was fun making my character as evil as possible. :lol:

Nick

Rock Band 2 all day today 10/10

Love me some Rock Band on Expert.

Theazninvasion68

Theazninvasion68 It's like blood to a vampire, our tragic desire. LPA Super VIP

Dead space. 10/10.

Really outdoes itself, Though it's really an actual horror Game done Right, imo.

Beca

Beca Plug in baby.

Mario Kart 64.
    awesomeeeee.

seeing as it's an old game I'll give it a 7 because it was great when it came out.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Call of Duty 5: World at War multiplayer beta 9/10

But thats because it's exactly the same as COD4: Modern Warfare.

Tom Clancy: End war demo 7/10
    It has an awesome concept, a strategy game that you have to control with your voice, not with buttons. Although the demo didnt have it, the real game will.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

Dead Space: 8.5/10
    I could not stop playing this game. I beat it 3 times and did all the achievements in 2 days time. It's not perfect, but there's just something about it I love. More opinions are in that thread..

Little Big Planet: 8/10
    Loved it. Made me smile so many times. It brought me back to the old platforming days I miss. Call me insane, but there was somthing about it that kept making me think of Crash Bandicoot. The item collecting and need to return to levels to unlock more stuff as well as some platforming elements felt like good ol' Crash. That said, LBP felt like it needed to expand more on its elements instead of staying safe with its side scrolling levels. The game waited until the last part to up the difficulty and it saved some of the best levels for last as well. But, it is a very memorable game that needs to be played with a friend at some point!

Resistance 2: 7/10
    Overall, epic as hell. Some parts were just plain badass. It felt like a blend of Call of Duty and Halo, of sorts. I never played the first Resistance so I can't really put my finger on it, but something just doesn't feel right. Maybe it's the weapons or it's the main character (who does nothing for me). I just couldn't get into the game. I loved the some of the slaughterfests as well as the variation of locales, but they jumped all over the place so the sense of building up to the end wasn't there. For example, one minute you are in a neighborhood, next in huge alien ship thing, then back to earth. Not a bad thing, just maybe the story was lacking. I never did experience the feeling of playing the infamous 'Library' level so maybe I should give the game more credit. My recommendation for the 3rd game: allow us to carry more weapons instead of conveniently placing the best weapon for a certain situation in front of our face. I'll accept the rocket launcer placements but everything else felt like the fights were being handed to me. If you only own a PS3, it's a must play.

Gears of War
    : 8/10
    I first played this game through Act 3 when it came out and I hadn't played it until a couple days ago. Part of it was because Gears 2 was about to be released and the other was because I recently got a 360 and I'm addicted. Bad. Anyways, the game is great. You all know that by now so I won't go into detail. My only complaint is the repetition of gameplay that I like to call grind-n-hide. But, this is the best co-op game I've ever played. And a side note: Insane on single player is hard. Props to the beasts who have done this. Looking forward to GoW2 this weekend!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Rock Band 2: 9.5/10
    Can't complain very much with this one, with the exception of a lack of a straightforward solo career. I don't want to have to do mystery setlists and sing the same songs over and over just to get to the next city to unlock more songs. It's more effort than necessary. Additionally, the soundtrack is not as solid as the first. Luckily you can import RB1 songs into the game.

NHL 09: 10/10
    Best hockey game ever. Me and my roommates play it non-stop.

Guitar Hero: World Tour: 9/10
    Has its drawbacks as well. The sensitivity on the vocals is ridiculous. I can 100% a good dozen songs in RB1/RB2 on Expert Difficulty but when those same songs come up in GHWT I'm lucky to get over an 85%. Solid soundtrack, though. Not as good as RB2's simply because of how much bigger RB's catalog is.

NickelNine

NickelNine It's the gin talking >>>>> LPA VIP

Gears of War 2: 8/10
    Very impressive game. The game really did outdo my expectations. I love the scale of the game and the variety of gameplay involved. I also liked the unexpected Lord of the Rings feel to the game with the narrator and story and it sealed the deal when you take the fight underground. This game also has its fair share of memorable moments you won't forget. If you enjoyed the first Gears in the least bit, this will probably have you hooked. Play this game!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
    SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

rainbow six vegas 9/10 like the forth time i beat and i still like it. online play is awesome!

Bleed It Out

Bleed It Out Active Member

NCAA Football 2008 on XBOX

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

Fable II - 7.5/10

It's pretty fun, the fighting is awesome. Character customizing is alright, lots of clothes and the dyes are great, but the character itself is ugly as hell. They could've developed it way better, certainly because he's on screen the whole time. It's not like in a first person shooter, where you just see his arms, it actually looks worse than some characters in fps's.

The story is great, though, haven't finished it yet. I'm playing all good, but I will be evil next time around, looks like much more fun.

It doesn't really give you a freeroaming feeling, you're basically stuck on those annoying roads and you can't jump, either.

Graphics are awesome.

All in all, I feel like I've been blacksmithing and running way more than actually fighting, which is basically the only action in the game... I should give it a 7, but I haven't finished it yet so 7.5.

Edit: I finished it, yesterday. I think it was amazing. I expected a bigger ending, but this one was by far the most original one in years.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
    Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Singstar - Pop Hits

For some reason I rocked at Britney Spears but totally sucked at Avril Lavigne.

Nick

Gears of War 2 (all day yesterday) 10/10 - Oh man this game is tremendous! the movements are much smoother than the first, the guns are better in terms of accuracy and whatnot. The new equipment is nice and Horde is unbelievably fun for groups of friends. WELL WORTH THE MONEY!

SecondCityKids

SecondCityKids Hey John, What's Your Name Again? LPA Super Member

Rainbow Six Vegas 2- Highly disappointed in this game..i did enjoy the fact that you can rank up no matter what mode you play in but some change in controls made it complicated to play and you never really get use to it,normal diffuculty is way harder then it should be, and i died alot more in this one then when i played the first one as a noob and the story didnt really end as good as it could have 6/10