Your favorite social network

Discussion in 'Random Chat' started by lime treacle, May 21, 2012.

?

What is your favorite social networking website?

1. Facebook

10 vote(s)
    32.3%
  2. Twitter

19 vote(s)
    61.3%
  3. MySpace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Reddit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other (specify)

2 vote(s)
    6.5%
    lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

So, um, pick.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

I voted Twitter. Facebook annoys me a lot, I rarely use it now.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Since when the fuck was reddit a social network? Yes, it's social news, but it's not a network.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Would the LPA count as a social network?

Minus

No, it's a forum.

Hybrid

Damn.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Minus, how's Google+? I still don't know anyone outside of this forum that actually uses it.

Minus

People use Google+? :lol:

Hybrid

I remember when G+ was supposed to take over the world and destroy Facebook. :kappa:

Minus

By all accounts it SHOULD have, but they did a very bad job at launching the damn thing.

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

This.

I created an account waiting to be ready for it to happen and now it must be gathering dust. (Still linked into my signature though)

I like the circles thing because you can create ones like "annoying people" "people I don't care but I added for mere courtesy" :lol: since they won't know what circle they are part of .. Though I think you can do that as well with on Facebook with a list but it wouldn't make sense.

I like both Facebook and Twitter but for two different reasons, in Facebook I keep in touch with people that I actually know in person, I don't add strangers. But in Twitter you can just follow and talk with random people and it really keeps me up to date on news and stuff if I follow the right accounts.

However I can say totally that both social networks have their fair share of stupid people.. Some claim Twitter is for "smarter" people but that's completely false as I come to read a huge lot of stupidity in it. But the chances of finding interesting and better content are indeed a lot higher in Twitter than in Facebook.

Vriska

Vriska Wiki Staff LPA VIP

I hate twitter. MySpace was so slow and cluttered to the point of being unusuable, not to mention the weird stalkers. I gave up on Google+ when I learned of their obnoxious naming policy (WTH is the point of having circles if I can't go by the name the people in the circles know me by? I know they sortof fixed it but too little too late) Facebook is getting increasingly annoying and has moved far far away from being the system I originally signed up for... and Diaspora hasn't even entered beta yet and that was the horse I was looking forward to the most.

I vote nothing. Well, reddit IDK. I use that one daily but I wouldn't call it a social network. There's no networks that I am establishing on my social experiences.

Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

I chose facebook, all I do is talk to people I know on there though. I don't have an account on any other social networks such as twitter, tumblr, myspace, google+ etc.

The Joesen One

The Joesen One Fun-employed LPA Super Member

MySpace? :kappa:

The only thing I respect about MySpace is Justin Timberlake.

Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Twitter. I would've gone with Facebook untill all those pics came up and cluttered my news feed. You know those pics, that say "Like if you remember/are this age and/you said wtf/for 10000000 friend requests/etc... You don't know their stories, so shut the fuck up, you idiots on Facebook! Maybe she was raped! Maybe he got a few weeks away from that war and that's how she's pregnant when he came back from serving the army for 12 months! Maybe she's not smiling at the funeral, maybe it just looks like that (for some reason when I cry it looks like I'm smiling)! Maybe she's a surrogate mother giving birth to her sister because her mother can't have children anymore, maybe she didn't fuck her father! Maybe you don't know and you don't give a damn so shut the fuck up you fucking fuckwits!
    Facebook pisses me off now. It used to be good. Now there is too much shit to block

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm certain there are more social networks than the four listed in the poll, especially considering Reddit isn't a social network in the first place. :lol:

Anyway, I'm choosing Twitter. I think it's an amazing way to connect with people on a more personable level, especially when you've got celebrities who'll respond to your questions they'd otherwise never see. I love the fact that I've learned a great deal using Twitter, insofar as the links I've followed. Instead of following stupid "watch this cat walk around the house and then go to sleep" videos on YouTube that people link to on Facebook, I'm actually reading real news articles (I rarely check news web sites myself, shut up) and learning real facts about various other things (@OMGfacts is amazing, especially because the things I read about tend to cause me to do further research to learn more about them). I think it's awesome.

I like Facebook; I still use it quite a bit. But it's gotten so much bigger and more bloated as time's gone on. I was among the first few thousand people to have a Facebook when it went public (as in, it wasn't limited to a few universities anymore) and it was pretty neat back then because you could actually do stuff without the whole site freezing for 45 seconds because someone decided their background needed to be animated snow (fuck you, MySpace). But since then, it's just grown worse and worse, to the point where there are days I don't even want to go on Facebook because I'm afraid it'll completely change again (I hate the Timeline, but all the people who say it's like MySpace are either complete idiots and don't remember anything about MySpace or they never used MySpace in the first place; the only similar thing is the banner at the top, and most people didn't even know how to do that on their MySpace profile).

Google+ should've been amazing, and it probably still can be, but the hype died down as quickly as it was built up, and I don't think it'll ever achieve proper success. I can see them getting rid of G+ in a year or so and rebranding it and relaunching it as something completely different, something that'll destroy Facebook the way it should've done.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Twitter. For sure.

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Twitter, hands down. I find Facebook good for the chat, that's it.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Love Twitter so much :D

_cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

lol. I've never heard of Reddit. I got Twitter before like a year ago but got tired of it and deleted it eventually. It's good for stalking celebrities. :lol: I have FB for almost 4 years I think not sure though and I so want to delete it. I don't even know some of the people there. lol. One of these days, I'm going to delete it esp. now I have Timeline. Worst. I hate it. =/

I like Tumblr though. I have it for almost a year and half now. Still like it. I just post random things. If you have one, PM me and I'll follow you. :)