Your favorite song ever...

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Radical Dreamer, Dec 1, 2003.

What's the song that you think every person on this earth should listen to and why?

I'm going to say "3 Libras" by A Perfect Circle. It's got a lovely intro, deep, beautiful lyrics and makes me feel very nostalgic. I haven't got any other reasons except I love this song so much. :D

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I can honestly say that my favorite song ever is "November Rain" by Guns N Roses. Everything about that song rocks. To me, it's a musical masterpiece.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

Excellent choice! One of my favourite songs too!

My choice, after a lot of thought is Tool's 'Third Eye', almost 14 minutes long. First of all, like in APC, Maynard is such a good vocalist. In this song, he screams, whispers, and sings with such an emotional tone he would be my favourite vocalist if he had more range. The lyrics in this song are amazing too. Like 'Prying open my Third Eye'. The third eye is a metaphor meaning the mind, and Maynard wants to "open your mind" so you can explore new places.

This track starts off with a comedian (Bill Hicks) with a joke, and a couple of other quotes (thought-provoking). All the while drummer Danny Carey lays down some sick atmospheric tom work. This eventually leads to a crazy drum beat and main riff/verse. After a really heavy part, guitarist Adam Jones leads a huge instrumental section with a really unique guitar solo that really displays his talent and creativity. Then comes a quiet part, with Danny doing this bass drum rhythm (a 'musical motif' in this song) with Maynard whispering some great lyrics: "Shrouding all the ground around me/There's this holy crow above me/Blackest holes within a memory". The next section features the amazing Bassist Justin Chancellor sliding up a string, then sliding down it for a really cool effect, and some really emotional vocals. It gets heavy for that 'Prying open...' part, with the same rhythm as the bass drum rhythm i was talking about. The heavyness fades away, with a repeating guitar riff, but if you want to get this part, focus on Danny's drumming:mind-blowing. Another verse, some great instrumental parts that builds up to the heavy 'Prying Open My Third Eye' thing again, fading out into cool guitar distortions and drum fills.....

That took a long time, but its such an amazing track, thought-provoking and emotional! Any music fan has to d/l this track!

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

My Way out by David Usher

I can't really say why its my favourite.I just love it :D

Also my second favourite is In The End by LP and BTH

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

Besides Linkin Park's Crawling, I'd have to say Fake Plastic Trees by Radiohead. I just love the melody even if the lyrics don't really mean much.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I'm really obsessive with

A Perfect Circle - Weak and Powerless
    and
    A Perfect Circle - Pet

A Perfect Circle is soooooo good....lol :D

BloodOnTheDashboard

BloodOnTheDashboard Well-Known Member

In The End-LP

simple......
    seein it performed live made me love it more

Phantom Duck

Phantom Duck You are my detonator. LPA Super Member

I don't have a favourite song.
    However, i think i have spent most hours listening to Papercut (Linkin Park).

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

I'd have to say my favorite song is probably "I Miss You" by Blink-182, Its so great, very emotional plus i can relate to it so much right now

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Now The World - AFI

"Summer I painted a scene that lit the starts for me, said 'I can erase it for you dear.'"

whenthisbegan

whenthisbegan Well-Known Member

My favourite song, is 'Silence' by Blindside, because it perfectly describes how I feel about my girlfriend, all but one lyric about her being gone (although we did break up for a few months).
    Some day, if I get enough guts, I'll sing it to her because I want her to know how much that song means to me.

My favorite song ever...hmmm...it has to be Areosmith - I Don't Want To Miss A Thing

RiverJudeAlexander

RiverJudeAlexander Ambient

the best song would have to be stairway to heaven by led zeppelin. and kasmir... so perfection... ^_^ and then guns n roses... oh yeah... WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE... november rain... i also love queen, bohemian rapsody... another perfection... tiny dancer by elton john [the only song i love from him] america from simon and garfunkel... everything from simon and garfunkel... across the universe and hey jude by the beatles... metallica; enter sandman, one and of course, NOTHING ELSE MATTERS. and now with jack johnson, taylor... won't get fooled again by the who... purple haze and suspicion by jimi... i had better stop now... before i can't stop... but yeah... STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN!!!

Hana

Hana i are scientists LPA Super Member

Well, besides many LP songs, it would be Idlewild - American English.

Trish

Trish Y2K LPA VIP

I have a few
    Hello-Evanescence
    My december-Linkin Park
    and
    Lightning Crashes-Live

Numb Girl

Numb Girl Well-Known Member

Besides LP:
    Evanescence - My Immortal
    Staind - Outside
    Nirvana - Smells like Teen Spirit

morningafter

morningafter Well-Known Member

Asides LP's Crawling and Breaking The Habit;

Aaliyah's "miss you". Michelle Branch's "goodbye to you", Boys || Men's "Water Runs Dry", Evanescence's "My Immortal", Tori Amos's "A Sorta Fairytale", Alanis Morrisette's "Ironic/You Oughta Know" and erm... Enrique Iglesias "hero".