Your Future

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Andrea, Jan 29, 2004.

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I am assuming that a lot of people here are in High School. Has anyone gave a serious thought on what you are going to do after you graduate high school?

I am a junior in high school and I have absolutely no idea on what I am going to do after high school is over and done with. I do not plan on attending college. I don't think it's necessary to "further my education" because I don't think it would benefit me. So where does that leave me? No where at this point. Of course I would most likely have to start working. That's the thing. I have no idea where I want to work. I do want to be involved with computers and some how be involved in the entertainment business. Hopefully I can find something there.

When I do graduate high school, I am moving. My parents want to move either to Newark, DE, Philadelphia or New Jersey. Out of those choices I think Newark is probably the one they will choose. I think it would be great for us to move because there is more opportunity up there and maybe I could get a job that would not have been offered where I live now.

Is there anyone that doesn't know what they want to do after high school, like me? If you do know, post it anyway, whether it be what college you want/are attending or what job that you will do.

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

I'm mooching off my parents for the rest of my life. And no, this isn't a joke. My mom is actually glad that I am planning to live with her for a long, long time. My brother is currently around 24 and lives with my parents. My sister is 21 and living with my parents. We take advantage of it. Right now, we have free food, free house, and other free stuff. I'm not saying I'm gonna do nothing for the rest of my life and live with my parents. No no no. I'm not that much of a bum. But if things keep going the way they are, most likely I won't be doing things for a while. (I'm in welfare and disability. If I get a job, they'll take away the free money) Most likely, I would go to college to just past time. That is, if I get a scholarship. If I don't, I guess I'll just find some odd jobs to do. (As in not official jobs. Like get paid to help a friend move stuff around or something.) That way my disability check doesn't get taken away. But if I do get a scholarship, I'll just go to college to past the time. Everyone expects me to be a lawyer. But.. my laziness doesn't want me to be that. Too much paper work and stress for me. I need something that I can stand. So, I'll just go through college and if I haven't found anything yet, I'll probably just work for a friend with something relating to computers.

Tony

Tony war in your bedroom.

I have no idea what I'm doing after high school, I hope one day before/after high school my band will make it to the big time, say like Linkin Park are now... all I know right now is that music is my past, present, and future...

LPNeSSRGB

LPNeSSRGB Super Member LPA Super Member

Well, I plan on going to university to study journalism. After the four year program, I'm hoping to get a job in the industry...I'm not sure EXACTLY where I want to work, but most likely at a newspaper, possibly a magazine...as long as I get to write for a living, I will be happy. :)

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

Military, for me most likely. Just to pay my way through college. Then I'm going into a tech school like ITT or Rankin.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Something in music, engineering, technology. Stuff like that. Im a freshman that doesn't know yet...but that's ok, I'm only a freshman :D
    My friends and me are supposedly going to be in a band, but we haven't started it yet.

TeMpEsT

Yeah, I'm a sophmore and I'm still not 100% on what I want to do.

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I have no idea what I am going to do at all...

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I'm a junior in Omaha, Nebraska. I'm currently taking Music Technology (we use Midi keyboards and make music with 3 programs) and am going to take Music Theory my senior year. I'm going to the Univ. Of San Fran where I hope to major in Music Theory and Composition. I drum/keyboards and do a lot of DJ and producing (and song writing) in my band so I hope to continue that. And sooner or later be on tour with LP or Eva. If not in a band I'll make it as a producer. I also web design so I'll continue to do that for my band. (I do stuff with just Microsoft Front Page and Paint that most people can't do with PSP)

coley8605

coley8605 Guest

I'm going to Music Tech in Minnesota, a 2-year college that focuses on music and only music, then I'm transferring out to California for another 2 years of college.... Finally, I was offered a job at a record label out there, so I'll work there while I go to school.

Eventually I'd like to work in Artist and Repertoire at a label, going out to shows every night looking for new bands to sign to the label.

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Maybe I'll be seeing ya soon! :p

John.

John. i am corruption LPA Super Member

i don't think i'll be alive to make it out of high school, so i haven't planned a future.

crazy_caos

crazy_caos Well-Known Member

I star college next Wednesday, I' gonna study graphic design and visual design, that's what I'm planning to do. I have to wait If everything is gonna work out

TeMpEsT

Looks like you all are shooting higher than me, best of luck with you all.

Tim2

Tim2 Ambient

:eek: I live there!!

But anyway, after High School I do plan on going to college and trying to get a teaching degree. Teaching is just something that I've wanted to do now for about 4 years, and something I want to pursue. Teaching at a Middle School/ High School level, and staying put in terms of moving.

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

If I'm not dead by the time I'm out of high school, I'm hoping to get a job in design of some sort.

Yes, I'm serious about the 'dead' part :chemist:.

Hybrid_Bunny

Hybrid_Bunny Super Member LPA Super Member

Boy, I'm old... :lol: I'm in my first year of university and currently majoring in computer science like the geek I am, even though I suck at it. I hope this gets me places in the future though.

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

I'm not in highschool yet, i'll be starting my first year pretty soon though.

I actually plan to become an attourney. Either that or a graphic designer. :)

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

i want to be a movie director

Omar

Omar Administrator LPA Super Member

That's actually my dream too lol.

Im still editing my first script, it's been like 5 months I've been working on this and hopefully this 3rd draft will be the last.

ALSO: Just a word of advice to a few, graphic design is not a well paying field, so be prepared to be poor if you do it. Secondly, even if you want to become a graphic designer, it's imperative (very important) you go to college, you won't get anywhere without a college degree, very few people have and that's only because of their high IQ and business ethics. GO TO COLLEGE. MAJOR IN A STABLE FIELD. :) Think about it, in 20 years you'll wish you had chosen differently.