Your Future

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by Andrea, Jan 29, 2004.

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

No military. I'm going to be alone. :chemist:

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

Well, I'm in my first year at UC Berkeley and I have noooooo idea what I want to do with my life. :blink: As of now, I think I am going to get a major in American Studies and maybe some type of minor. I really don't know what I am doing here... I should have just kept my job at the insurance agency that I was working at... :mellow:

Caitlin

Caitlin Guest

Overall, my post-high school future ideas are pretty vague. I know for sure I want to do something involving either art, music, and/or producing/directing.

Originally my aim was to become a graphic designer, but, I'm having second thoughts now. Either way I know I'm hoping to get a scholarship to Ringling's School of Art and Design here in Florida, so that's part of my plan.

Another thought I've kept in mind is directing. I've always held a fascination in producing or directing, something that's been constantly nagging at me for the past few years, but I don't know if I'm going to go anywhere with it.

And lastly, interestingly enough, another consideration I've kept in mind was to invest in something more towards the federal bureau of investigation, or even a crime scene investigator, which has always been an interest of mine.

I don't know. I guess I'll just see how time goes by and see where I'll find myself a couple of years from now.

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Ranken and ITT are only in St. Louis if I'm correct. Where in StL do you live?

As for me, I finally graduate high school in May then will be going on to the University of Missouri-Rolla (a small, nice quiet college town) to major in probably computer science, if not, some other computer-related field. And I'll graduate college and get a job

LPNeSSRGB

LPNeSSRGB Super Member LPA Super Member

That would be my dream job...not one that is likely to happen for me...I'd also love to be a musician but unfortunately I lack talent! :lol:

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

That would be my dream job...not one that is likely to happen for me...I'd also love to be a musician but unfortunately I lack talent! :lol: [/b][/quote]
    You can still be a 'musician' ;)

Like me...I'll be listening/playing/living/breathing music till the day i die :D

Thats what I love about it!

LPNeSSRGB

LPNeSSRGB Super Member LPA Super Member

:lol: LOL that's true! I mean, look at the crap musicians out there today...they were able to get record deals...I guess there is hope for me after all! ^_^

TeMpEsT

TeMpEsT Live To Thrash LPA Super Member

Ranken and ITT are only in St. Louis if I'm correct. Where in StL do you live? [/b][/quote]
    I don't live in St. Louis, but I live in a suburb of St.L across the river. :p

Nikki

Nikki I have no idea what is going on LPA Super Member

Well I'm in my last year of college right now and I leave in May. Going to university to take English Language/Lit. combined with French for three years before going for my Teaching degree and QTS which will take another year.

I've already had 90% of my letters back (All acceptances ^_^) and I'm just waiting for the last one to come back - even though the one I'm actually going to has come back =P

Haha, I'll be applying to go into Halls of Residency...and then I'll be in a flat with four other people (You can tell that we've had this sorted out for some time, no? =P) which is going to be a blast - especially because there are a lot of student clubs around Salford and Manchester ;p

So yeah, I'm really looking forward to it, but I probably won't be here as often if at all anymore...which is good for a few of you. haha ^_^

J-Flex

J-Flex Ambient

going to do the same after summer vacation...

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Yes! Degrees in Folklore or Russian will get you nowhere unless you're moving to Russia or opening a Folklore book store. :lol:

I'd like to take courses in Business and Marketing and open my own business and be my own boss. I've got some really great ideas for a restaurant, innovative ideas that will probably get me alot of business. Not just an ordinary restaurant, something different. But I'm not sharing my ideas. :)

Cassie

Cassie The time to hesitate is through.

Hopefully my life after high school won't be sleeping under a bridge in downtown Ottawa. ;)

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

There are, like, 70-some ITT schools across the country, Todd. ;) In fact, there's one, like, 29 miles from me. I don't know about the other school.

Anyway...

I don't really know what I want to do after school. I'm thinking of taking 1 year off to visit people and whatnot, and to decided if I'm really serious about being in a band or a singer/songwriter. If I decide that that's not something I want to do, I'm going to go to college to major in journalism. I've always wanted to work for some sort of magazine, and I'm already really good with grammar and sentence structure and things like that. Personally, I'd rather be in a band or a singer/songwriter than a journalist, but it all depends on what happens.

Hey, Peter Jennings, who works for ABC, never even graduated high school, and now he's one of the most respected journalists in the entire world. It could happen.

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Well, i hope to go on to get my engineering apprenticeship when i leave year 11. Once or if i get that i will hopefully go on to work in somewhere like Smiths or some place like that working with computers. Heh i could walk to work if i go to Smiths :lol: I live about 5 mins walking distance away from it ^_^

Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

i study graphics.
    i hope i can make a living with my band.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I wanna be in a rock band and tour the world with my lovely wife and play music for the rest of my life.

*Coughs* As if that would ever happen. :unsure:

Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

After high school, I hope to go onto University ^_^ I'd like to be a writer of some kind, maybe books, maybe lyrics. I have no musical talent whatsoever. If I decide not to be a writer, I wouldn't mind being a web designer. Or maybe a graphic designer. Oh, the possiblities :D

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

One more year of high school and I'm done :D .

After that, I'd like to go for a 2.5 years technical DEC (sorry for Quebec's system, we had to do it different from the rest of Canada and the US) in engineering, then for a BAC in engineering and maybe for a MAT.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

I hope that going into my high school years I can get into AP classes. If my high school career goes as planned, I hope to attend a good college (hopefully on a acedemic scholorship(sp?)). Something like maybe University of Penn, NYU, Princeton, Lacrosse, La Salle, etc. I hope to either become an engineer or a teacher.

linktolinkinpark

linktolinkinpark Well-Known Member

I'm no where near high school. :p but I really do hope to be a professional musician when I'm older. But what my plan's are is this; finish high school and by then be a founder of or join a band, (I know this is corny b/c it's just like Mike) go to a Art School perferably Pasedena college of art and design, get a record label, make it big in a band I want to end up being named Darkness Fall's, and then being a pro. musi. for a long while then retire and be suposedly missing for like three year's then be a band reutited and shoot to the top of the chart's and do that untill none of us can play anymore! :p :teehee: I'm weird I know!