Your stance on guns, depression?

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by sickcycle, Oct 5, 2005.

Intergalactic Christ

Intergalactic Christ Blood On Ice LPA VIP

Okay, so say you're in a shopping centre, no kevlar, and some gangster shoots somebody. The police patrolling the shopping centre do not have guns. So basically, you have a homicidal maniac running around the town, and all the police have to stop him is a Big Stick. If they had guns, they could take him down easily with a shot to the leg or something, it does not always mean murdering them.

And citizens should be able to walk around the town without fearing for their safety.

saunderitos

saunderitos Banned

I do not fear. How many police have you seen patrolling shopping centres?
    None here.
    If they had guns, they could miss and shoot some person. A leg shot can bounce off your shins and rip your insides apart. Wow, nice take down there son. You just ripped a guy to shreds, but only inside, oops, the bullet just came out the top of his head. Nice.
    Police will be trigger happy, and end up shooting when they feel like it, what if they rampage? I really doubt a police man could shoot a man in the leg when he would be, say running, or if the police are getting shot at.

Intergalactic Christ

I have. I always do, actually.

Remember, we aren't just going to give police handguns and say "here ya go," they'll get training too. Any shot can rip you apart, but I'd rather see the fucker dead than still running around with a gun, wouldn't you?

Police would not necessarily be "trigger happy". I've heard of police (in america) who've been on the job 20+ years and not gone on the "rampage" with their guns. And the police don't roam around solitary.

You seem to think of the police as mindless drones - they're not. They're trained professionals.

rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

police decide it is imperative to shoot to kill when a suspect is speeding and won't stop. that is not a good reason to start shooting...i don't think any time is good to shoot a suspect but i can understand if they have a gun and you see it and they are trying to use it. that is it. every other problem ca be solved another way.

and the fact that the police have guns does not deter anyone from crime or else there wouldn't be any. people are so used to it they just don't care anymore.

Intergalactic Christ

If you're speeding and won't stop, you are being dangerous to other drivers, and could probably kill them. Over here, the police have to surround the other car to stop it, which isn't easy, safe, and doesnt always work. --watches too many police programmes--

It isn't about putting people off crime, it's about defending the citizens.